NHL Discussion

andrew13 - I owe you somewhat of an apology. You were totally right about Carcillo. Dude is nails. He's still a bit nuts at times but he's a damn fine hockey player.

really hope they can get him resigned at a fair price.

I think they learned their lesson with Hartnell, they'll offer him a good value contract for how bi-polar he can play on the ice.

It'll be the best day of my life!!

dude, beating the caps...that was the best day of my life. if we beat the pens, woah !

there isnt much of a rivalry between the canadiens and either the caps or the pens, is there? it basically would just be unreal for the 8th seed to beat the top team in the NHL and the cup winners from last year. I think it'd be way more insane of a reaction if the canadiens beat the bruins to go to the cup. needless to say, if the pens were to lose this series, I wouldn't be bummed, if the pens cant win the cup, I want canada to win it

dude, beating the caps...that was the best day of my life. if we beat the pens, woah !

there isnt much of a rivalry between the canadiens and either the caps or the pens, is there? it basically would just be unreal for the 8th seed to beat the top team in the NHL and the cup winners from last year. I think it'd be way more insane of a reaction if the canadiens beat the bruins to go to the cup. needless to say, if the pens were to lose this series, I wouldn't be bummed, if the pens cant win the cup, I want canada to win it

nah there's no rivalry really between the habs and the caps. that series was intense, for the fact that like you said we were able to beat the best team in the nhl when we were rank 8th place, and it also made history because we came back from when we were losing 3-1 in the series. and the other thing is about that ovechkin superstar attitude.. when he told the media that halak's hand was shaking when he drank from his bottle, during game 2 or 3 i think? (but yes halak did shake...at the end of the series when he shook end with ovechkin lol) and at a game when he sprayed snow on the kid just before getting off the ice, it was disrespectful, and even more when you think that it's ovechkin that did it. so yeah, it felt fucking good to take him out of the 1st round, 'ovierrated'.

Man, I can't believe the Wings' gooses are cooked here. Sharks look to be actually going deep for once. Might take them 6 instead of 4, but things look bad in Detroit.

Luongo played a great game 1. Hawks figured him out in game 2 and did what they needed to do. Should be a nice competitive series. Game 1 was a fluke blowout. I see the Hawks splitting the 2 in Vancouver and getting home ice back. Don't need to win both, though doing so would definitely give them a stranglehold on the series.

If the Sharks don't make it to the Conference Finals at this point, this will go down as their biggest choke job yet. Losing a series you lead 3-0 with home ice is basically as big of an epic fail as is possible. Unless maybe it was the Cup finals.

I don't think the Wings have the ability to beat the Sharks 4 times in a row.

The Wings do have the ability especially against the sharks it is just can they.

No, I actually believe the Wings most certainly do not have the horses to beat the Sharks four times in a row. Lidstrom is getting old, Rafalski is a bit under-sized, leaving Stuart to get big minutes. The Wings 3rd and 4th lines aren't what they once were. Dats and Zetterberg can't dominate a game against a team with as much talent as San Jose has and that's what it would require for the Wings to win 4 in a row. Its not going to happen and there's nothing to suggest from what I've seen the Wings even have the ability to do so.

I disagree. Say what you will about Detroit, they are a deadly team and the type that can win 4 in a row. I hate them with a passion, but they are still full of talent and play their puck possession game incredibly well. In reality, the chances of them winning the last 4 are slim to none, but that's mostly because there is NO margin for error when you're down 3-0. They didn't exactly get blown out in those three games. A couple bounces and the Wings are up 3-0 right now. The Sharks have ALWAYS had talent, but that doesn't prevent them from getting bounced the fuck out of the playoffs early every year.

I was hoping for an all O6 conference finals, but that shit is VERY unlikely at this point. Then again, if the Hawks can beat Vancouver, I'd rather see SJ than Detroit. I thought they had to beat the man to be the man, but it looks like somebody else is about to take care of it for them.

Sharks have always been mental. That "issue" has gone. Even Jumbo Joe is making plays. Pavelski has been huge. And Marleau made a great read to score that OT goal. The Sharks have more talent than most any team still in the playoffs and they're confident. Nabby is still an oddity but other than that they're a great team. The Wings ain't what they used to be.