NHL Discussion

Ohhh, I thought Chuk was a UFA this year. Well then... Party?

Still say you'd have to give up a pretty big arm and a small leg to get him. And certainly would have to exchange a big arm and a medium leg for him and anyone else. I say he gets traded but it might not be until next year if ATL doesn't think they can sign him.

I mean put yourself in Atlanta's position and think about Heatley. They had someone who everyone knew wanted to go, the only difference is no one was quite sure Heatley would be the same completely, and they still got Hossa from Ottawa. Eh, we'll see but I'd be shocked and the GM should get fired if they don't get something really good for Chuk.

anyone take a look at the All Star standings?

The Canadians completely ruined it.

People either need to come to grips with what fans voting means or get rid of it. Voting in "your guys" is what fan voting means so no one should be shocked. The Canadians put like 20K+ in their arena every night. I'm not a fan of the fan's voting myself but then again one could argue the whole All-Star game has become a farce.

well heatly killed that guy too, so i think they kinda had to get him out of town.

That's my point, they HAD to move Heater, everyone knew it, and they still got Hossa as a return. Now, Hossa didn't have a great rep and the Sens wanted him gone too. I still say its a pretty fair comparison.

People either need to come to grips with what fans voting means or get rid of it. Voting in "your guys" is what fan voting means so no one should be shocked. The Canadians put like 20K+ in their arena every night. I'm not a fan of the fan's voting myself but then again one could argue the whole All-Star game has become a farce.

they should definitely get rid of it. I just don't buy into the vote "your guys" only. Vote who should be there and make it a legit, fun game. I didn't vote an all Flyers team. There are other players over Briere and Biron that should be there. I think an all Flyers all star start would be stupid, even as a Flyers fan.