NHL Discussion

The Lightning's front office is a complete disaster. Everything I hear and read about says the new owners really have no idea what they're doing. We'll probably see them in Toronto in the next couple years

Our local reporter is calling the Lightning ownership Marc Cuban wannabes. They are apparently pretending to be billionaires.

Awesome Pen's game last night!

The baby blues looked GREAT! Buffalo came out flying after that embarrassing loss on Friday night, but Fleury kept the 'guins in the game. Then the offense came out in the 3rd! Staal is on fiiiiire!

The Pens are gonna be sooooo good once Whitney comes back and then Gonch!

traded Sydor for Boucher. major upgrade there if he can get healthy again. our blueline is going to be fucking unreal.

Gonch

Whitney

Bouchar

Letang

Goligowski

Gill

Orphik

Scuds

Eaton

that makes 9 NHL dmen, 5 being offensive-minded ones. bit of a logjam there, but come playoffs will be a nice problem to have. also some massive tradebait there, since i'm sure most potential playoff teams would like any of those guys.

traded Sydor for Boucher. major upgrade there if he can get healthy again. our blueline is going to be fucking unreal.

Gonch

Whitney

Bouchar

Letang

Goligowski

Gill

Orphik

Scuds

Eaton

that makes 9 NHL dmen, 5 being offensive-minded ones. bit of a logjam there, but come playoffs will be a nice problem to have. also some massive tradebait there, since i'm sure most potential playoff teams would like any of those guys.

Once Gonch is back, it'll be kind of weird saying the Pen's have one of the best defensive corps in the NHL. Our offense is currently #3 in goals scored too.

WOW!

they're also saying Whitney might be back by late december at the latest. that'll be awesome, but who do you replace?

I think Eaton should sit for a game or two. He's not playing that great right now. I think he is just rusty though, so sitting him won't help really, but he's the odd man out. Now that we have Boucher, it might not hurt to sit Letang for a game. He's playing great, but that goose egg in the goals column hurts.

What a great problem to have!

you realize gonchar isn't coming back until March, right?

You've said March a few times now, but I've never heard anyone else say that. I mean the latest could be March, but he could be back sooner.

also have not been able to confirm this. the guy who writes the Pens Q&A has answered a number of questions on the pens defenese and in none of his scenarios has he said anything about gonchar being out longer than originally planned (which if i recall is late Jan)