NHL Discussion

i'm thinking next season's winter classic is going to involve the bruins and fenway park. they had these nesn commercials on a few months ago that kind of hinted at that.

imagine: bruins vs. canadiens at fenway park.

IM THERE

That would be an awesome game!

i'm a bruins season ticket holder and they held a ticket holder event before the season at the garden.

normal shit, neely, wideman, chara, cherilli, claude!

well the chicago game came up in topic and a future game at fenway was pretty much confirmed. they said they are in talks with the NHL(who make the decision) and everyone else involved.

it honestly makes sense! blackhawks have gotten extremly popular this year and so have the bruins. the fan bases are back and what better way to get everyone a buzz about the bruins???

habs vs. bruins, fenway park 2009/2010!

Why wouldn't it be Bruins/Rangers? Didn't Edmonton and Montreal play that outdoor game a few years ago? I guess they're in different divisions but people in Boston and NYC hate each other. (And really, anyone not in either hates them both).

I believe Montreal and Edmonton started this whole craze. I think doing one a year makes it somewhat less "cool" than doing it once every few years.

Uhh, Sean Avery is fucking insane.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=258182&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

He said the following to TSN cameras before tonight's game...

I am really happy to be back in Calgary, I love Canada. I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about. Enjoy the game tonight.

He was referring, of course, to Dion Phaneuf's girlfriend (who also dated Avery) Elisha Cuthbert.

LOL @ Sean Avery. He is quite a tool and they should have let him play so Phaneuf could've just kicked his ass.

DOUBLE LOL @ Scott Hartnell. Him throwing his glove (in a girly-like fashion) at Malone on a breakaway last night with 16 seconds left in a tie game?!?! If Malone had scored on the ensuing penalty shot it would've been a TRIPLE LOL!

bruins/rangers would be awesome but

from MPOV and i'm a recent hockey fan,

bruins fans hate the habs way more!

the fucking OL LAY crap, the fucking not from our country crap, it's the fucking HABS!

to be honest, you could put the bruins vs. the blue jackets and it would still sell out. if something is happening at fenway park, it's an instant sellout.

• San Jose's 21 wins in its first 25 games matches the NHL record. The Sharks also have 43 points in their first 25 games, matching the record set by the 1943-44 Canadiens.

Hopefully no more second round losses this year!

There's a first time for everything ;) (didn't the Sharks make the conference finals at one point?)

DOUBLE LOL @ Scott Hartnell. Him throwing his glove (in a girly-like fashion) at Malone on a breakaway last night with 16 seconds left in a tie game?!?! If Malone had scored on the ensuing penalty shot it would've been a TRIPLE LOL!

yeah, if Malone would have scored on the breakaway or penalty shot, I would have found my way onto the ice to stab Hartnell in the net. But since Malone didn't capitalize on it, when they showed the replay at the game, I definitely laughed.