NHL Discussion

He could be the greatest player ever for all I care, just shut your mouth and play the game.

I don't think he really whines, the Flyers started all that crap. He just talks a bit, so what. I do the same thing when I play sports.

You can see the disgust and frustration in his face, though. I talk to anyone and everyone when I play hockey, but I'm not crying at the refs. There's a difference between discussing something with the refs and bitching, and while I'll admit he's come a long way since his entry in the league at 18 years old, he's still immature with a lot of his behavior.

I don't think he really whines, the Flyers started all that crap. He just talks a bit, so what. I do the same thing when I play sports.

You can see the disgust and frustration in his face, though. I talk to anyone and everyone when I play hockey, but I'm not crying at the refs. There's a difference between discussing something with the refs and bitching, and while I'll admit he's come a long way since his entry in the league at 18 years old, he's still immature with a lot of his behavior.

captains are supposed to be vocal to the refs, to stick up and argue for his players about the calls on the field/ice, thats what a good leader does on sports teams. other captains do the same thing, they just dont get the notice because they're not 21 year old superstars, they're older vets that no one really keeps in the spotlight 24/7 like crosby.

i think i remember what he was flipping out about, the pens had a scramble at the net with time running down, the puck was loose, and the one ref blew the whistle. it totally fucked them and could have changed the game, since the goalie was down and 3 pens were whacking at it. he had ever reason to be pissed at that.

No, they do it without looking like they're going to burst into tears when they aren't getting their way.

Crosby in his rookie year did that, not so much now. Part of it is because of his face I think, the dude has big lips and it might look pouty. That and people that dislike Crosby keep bringing up the whining thing even though he doesn't really do it.

I watch the kid play 82 games a year and I can tell ya he doesn't whine.

i think i remember what he was flipping out about, the pens had a scramble at the net with time running down, the puck was loose, and the one ref blew the whistle. it totally fucked them and could have changed the game, since the goalie was down and 3 pens were whacking at it. he had ever reason to be pissed at that.

I remember that whistle too! I was really pissed off, that was def. a nice scoring chance thwarted.