NHL Discussion

Red Wings are a boring ass team to watch

QFT. them and NJ are killing the sport. but at least NJ has a few goons now. Detroit is the most pussified euro team on the planet.

Its not even that. They just kind of sit back, keep you on the outside, wait for you to make a mistake, and then attack. Its really passive and boring. With as much skill as they have they should be able to attack more. Its just frustrating as a fan. I sure as hell prefer to watch teams like Anaheim who are all about attack, attack, attack. At least its an exciting game that way, even if its hard to win.

would love for Danny Briere to stay healthy for a month, but they won, broke the 3 game losing streak, still a long season, but going to be a tough one.

That's why I'm not pleased with the idea of the Kings acquiring Gaborik, he just hasn't stayed healthy for a prolonged period of time.

Not if you're a Wings fan. Cups don't lie.

Eh, didn't say they lost just said watching them play is boring. I hate the style of game they play. Its certainly a way to win, as was shown last year but it doesn't mean I have to enjoy it.

You don't, to each his/her own. I know it's easy for me to be fine with it since it's my team. Im sure if it was reversed I'd be bitchin too. I just like seeing top notch level of play, but I also like seeing guy getting knocked the fuck around. That's why I started watching hockey.

Me @ age 12: Wait, so they can get in a fist fight, beat each other bloody, sit out for five minutes, then go back in the game?

Older bro: Yep.

Me: AWESOME! Turn it up!

turning point for this season? what needed turned around? their scoring ability? possibly, but I think most aspects of the PEns game is pretty solid considering the defensive losses we've had (#1 and #2 D-men)

I don't think we're peaking yet. We're on a 4 game winning streak and doing better than last year, so perhaps I'm being greedy, but there's been some sloppy play.

Maybe it'll be Jordan Staal's turning point, but that team fought hard last night!

Saw the Hawks/Bruins game tonight.

Chara knocked Colin Fraser the fuck OUT. I've never seen a guy go down on one punch like that before.

Khabibulin played out of his fucking mind but lost the shootout. Hawks couldn't get anything past Tim Thomas. Game was boring, then exciting, then for some reason they put Dave Bolland in the shootout and that was that. So stupid.

Saw the Hawks/Bruins game tonight.

Chara knocked Colin Fraser the fuck OUT. I've never seen a guy go down on one punch like that before.

Khabibulin played out of his fucking mind but lost the shootout. Hawks couldn't get anything past Tim Thomas. Game was boring, then exciting, then for some reason they put Dave Bolland in the shootout and that was that. So stupid.

I saw that, I thought it was a bit cheap on Chara's part. The guy, best I could tell, couldn't even reach Chara's face let alone punch him.