NHL Discussion

Jesus Christ that was an embarrassing showing by the Sabres. I don't even know what else to say. You let the Flyers get all over Miller and do nothing, you can't pass, you can't set up an offensive zone presence, you can't score on a backup goalie, let alone even hit the net. Fucking terrible end to a close, exciting series. Right from the gate it was clear they were losing.

Goddammit I hate the Flyers. I hope Ovechkin puts Briere in a coma, then knocks out the three teeth Carcillo has left, and then murders Hartnell.

To be fair, Buffalo had a weak team... again. Outside of Miller, Vanek, and Myers, everyone else is a barely a 2nd tier player at best. We have 2 and a half lines of 4th liners and an entire defensive core built on 3rd pair quality players. When your number one center is either Derek Roy or Tim Connolly, you're not going too far.

To be fair, Buffalo had a weak team... again. Outside of Miller, Vanek, and Myers, everyone else is a barely a 2nd tier player at best. We have 2 and a half lines of 4th liners and an entire defensive core built on 3rd pair quality players. When your number one center is either Derek Roy or Tim Connolly, you're not going too far.

and hopefully the new owner will change that.

the capitals are lookins so pathetic. and they're a fairly healthy team. the pens took the bolts 7 games missing crosby, malkin, cooke, a PP going 1 - 35, a PK that was out of character... and the capitals are getting swept. how that team became the #1 team in the east just really baffles me watching this series

This team will never do anything if they don't fucking figure out the importance of the goaltending position. Sign Bryzgalov in the offseason, he's a damn good goaltender and would be great for Bobrovski. Shoot Versteeg in the face for being worthless for the Flyers. Strip Richards of the C. Homer needs to realize it's not 1975 and fess up to the 1.3 million dollar (per season) mistake of signing Jody Shelley. Think real hard about resigning Leino, considering his end of the season and post season play. Don't resign Nodl and especially not Carcillo. Keep Powe on the cheap. Try and trade Coburn's overpriced ass (or if nobody wants him, Matt Carle's overpaid ass). Get JvR an extension and keep him in Philly, if he can continue to play like he did during the playoffs this year, i'm really excited about him.

I'm fuming over this, team had no heart or desire this series.. it was an absolute fucking joke