NHL Discussion

And then what happened? They just decided to ship him off to Russia? He was absolutely propped up by a world-class defense, and that takes a lot for me to say, because I HATE Philly.

Flyers didn't ship him off to Russia, they brought him back to the states, he looked pretty damn good, and then got hurt.. Flyers had only signed him to a one year deal, so he was a FA after the season end.

and now VS. is reporting that Leighton will play Friday night against the Sabres.. bizarre.

laviolette has not been happy with the goaltending of late. there are rumors that leighton's back still isn't right but he wants to give him a shot. Can't hurt to have that extra pressure on all the goalies. hopefully it will make them play harder

well, I mean, it's a given that the goaltending in Philly is second rate, I just don't see Leighton as any better of a goaltender. It won't happen, but I think it should be Boucher #1 for the start of the playoffs, Bob #2, and keep Leighton as 3 in case of injury. Bob is too young and inexperienced and he falls apart easily.. Boucher has the experience and has shown he can come up huge when it really counts.