NHL Discussion

Kesler is such a joke. its a shame he's such a fucking diver too cause he could be a real special player if he got rid of that bullshit in his game.

I honestly thought it was a smart move on his part. Whoever was cross checking him at the end of the play did it one too many times so he took advantage of it. It'd piss me off if I were a Kings fan, though.

Kesler is such a joke. its a shame he's such a fucking diver too cause he could be a real special player if he got rid of that bullshit in his game.

I honestly thought it was a smart move on his part. Whoever was cross checking him at the end of the play did it one too many times so he took advantage of it. It'd piss me off if I were a Kings fan, though.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I feel that this is the kind of mentality that is ruining the games.

I wish that the NHL brass would comb over each game, find out who is embellishing, and fine them. Of course, the current CBA prevents big fines, but they may increase when the CBA is renegotiated in the off-season.

Another thing getting to me, is players who won't start fights until they know that the referees are close enough to stop them (see PK Subban, among others). I think that if the referees just let them go; we'd find out who the genuine tough guy is. Moreover, coaches would start giving absolute hell to their guys for all the 5 and 10-minute penalties that would henceforth be sent out.

Pens can take all the suspensions they want, the series is over. The series was over game two when Crosby went into full brat mode.

Vancouver can also continue to dive their way right to a first round elimination as well.

Backstrom is also likely gone for a few games after that cross check to the face at the end of the game last night. He got a match penalty and since it was at the end of the game he is for sure gone for game 4. Might even get some more tacked on to the end. Just an all around goofnuts play.

NY can only score one goal against the Sens?! If I were in the east I'd be laughing right now between Philly's terrible goaltending and defence and NY's inability to put the puck in the net, I can't see anyone stopping Boston. They're not at their best but Thomas has been great and they have been the most disciplined team by far these playoffs. As a person who couldn't give less of a shit about anything/anyone in the east, I'd love to see the Devils make it happen.

The league had the chance to stop all this bullshit right when it started with Weber. But instead they chose to show that it is ok to target a teams best players and get away with bullshit.

Yea, I think 1 game would've been appropriate for the Shaw hit.

I read an article from the Toronto newspaper that traces back the fines and suspension inconsistencies back to Lucic/Miller and argues that it's been a long slide to the shitshow we're in now. It's almost comical how all-over the penalties are.

How Torres did not get thrown out of this game, or even a minor penalty blows my fucking mind.

WTF. i came late in the 1st period and caught the goal and that was about it.

they replayed the hit during intermission and i just saw him on the coyotes bench as they were starting the 2nd.

blows my mind

can they look back on that and suspend him?

Can they look back on that and suspend him?

Can they? Will they? Who knows.. Shanahan is fucking up badly.

These playoffs have been such a turn off to me, no respect amongst players at all, complete inconsistency by the refs and by Shanahan as well. The league needs to wake the fuck up and realize they have a big problem here.

Neal has also been suspended twice, warned twice and fined.

They dropped the hit on Couturier based on him 'jumping to brace himself for a unintended collision" and the hit on Giroux is only 1 because Giroux appeared to suffer no apparent injury resulting.

Way to really make a repeat offended accountable for his actions on the ice. I am 100% sure he will learn from this slap on the wrist..

Neal getting one game is soft. Should've gotten at least two, preferably three. Asham getting 4 is probably fairly appropriate, but let's see how much Backstrom gets. The fact that Neal got off for the jump hit places a lot of pressure on Shanny for this Torres hit.

It's all a fucking mess with these extra punishments. They absolutely need a panel to do this stuff and create some sort of database so they can develop some consistency. I know each situation is different in some capacity, but if you do this stuff right, it's almost formulaic as you just match it up with similar incidents and adjust on a scale of intensity. Set some benchmarks.

The fact that the Neal stuff got announced after Torres' hit makes it just comical, too.