NHL Discussion

Why are the flyers and penguins even putting their goalies out there...This game is gonna end like 10-9 or some crazy football type score. Also kudos to the refs for calling this straight by the book. I truly cannot believe the penguins are playing as dirty as they are considering all the suspensions and blasting they've gotten in the media

They looked decent but I don't think they have another 3 mins in them. This goes for both the Pens and the Canucks. If the Flyers keep playing like that they're fucked, Bryz seems to be trying to outdo Fleury for worst goalie in this series. LA is too solid all the way through. Their best line was their 4th checking line, that's not saying the other lines sucked either. I think LA takes it before it even gets to 7.

At this point whatever team makes it out of that Pens / Flyers series has got to be a little shaken. I'd say it doesn't bode well for whoever moves on.

Which is fine by me, provided my Bs can take down the caps. We REALLY need some more production out of the top two lines. It's been a great series, but frustrating, I imagine Caps fans feel the same way. Not a ton of production from the big guys.

The refs handled that Rinaldo penalty perfectly. You want to be a dumbass you get 4 minutes, a misconduct and gone next game too. Don't let the NHL blow the decision now, take control of the game. Excellent calls tonight.

I've got no problem with the way they handled that last night, but last night's game was incredibly inconsistent with the last 3. And Rinaldo has now gotten a penalty in every game for being Rinaldo (the interference one - not the crosschecking). Obviously the refs learned from game 3 that a player who is taking runs doesn't need to be in the game anymore or skate across the ice even. It was sad that they had to huddle to make the calls everytime. They looked like football refs.

The refs told both teams flat out before the game that is was going to be called incredibly tight to get control of the series back. For the fact that they were both warned, i'm fine with it.. guess the Flyers just completely forgot.

I also read that Rinaldo will not be facing any suspension... what will happen first.. Shanahan getting control of the league and making better decisions with possible suspensions, or RJ hand delivers TOYPAJ house to house?

I wonder what the highest scoring playoff series is. 4 games in and every game has been a blowout.

I'm pretty sure I heard on TSN last night that this series had set the record for most goals overall over the first 4 games of a series.

Take that high-flying 80's!

That's just crazy. Apparently the highest was Edmonton/Chicago in '85 with 69 goals over 7 games. If this series actually gets 24 more goals??? Wow.

http://couchpotatohockey.com/Records/Playoff_Team_Records/Most_Goals_One_Series_Both_Teams.asp

Sharks/Blues game 4 tonight. Sharks looked a little better during the last 5 minutes of game 3 but they really need to play better for longer than that. Special teams is key. Giving up another 3 pp is unacceptable.