NHL Discussion

Only reason I'm now rooting for LA is because I think they give Pitt the best challenge of the remaining teams (and I wanted SJ to win that series). I legit don't care who wins now as long as it's not the Pens, so I'm hoping the best opponent kicks their ass.

Sense has been spoken, but I am left with no teams, since the Hawks can't do dirt shit, but I knew it was going to be bad seeing them crash in the playoffs after their whatever streak at the start of the year.

LOL, yeah, because thats all the rangers have been missing... a 40 year old forward.  

not saying theyve been missing him. But if he wants a chance to win you cant say that joining a team like the Rangers with what they have wouldnt be a good chance. Especially when you have the best goaltender in the league

he's really good, but THE BEST?

Vezina trophy winner and nominee again this season. Ovechkin says he's the best as well as many other players. He is the reason the Rangers go as far as they do and its a fucking shame his team cant score when they need to. Its like they are just wasting his career away. 

Ovechkin says he's the best as well as many other players.

oh if Ovechkin says so then it must be true. Do me a favor and go to NHL.com and tell me who the leader is in all goalie stats...

I'm actually of the belief that there isn't a THE BEST goalie, there's 3 or 4 of the top goalies and its a shame there is a shit ton of east coast bias in the NHL

For my money though I'm taking Quick every time.

oh if Ovechkin says so then it must be true. Do me a favor and go to NHL.com and tell me who the leader is in all goalie stats...

I'm actually of the belief that there isn't a THE BEST goalie, there's 3 or 4 of the top goalies and its a shame there is a shit ton of east coast bias in the NHL

For my money though I'm taking Quick every time.

One of the best forwards in the world....yeah Id take his word for it. 

Ovechkin sees Lundquist 4+ times a season and Quick once or twice (none this year). Like I said there is a heavy east coast bias, put Quick on a big market team in the East and its a different conversation.

put ANYONE in the east coast and they will immediatly get 200% more recoginition than they already are. Its ridiculous the amount of east coast bias.

Ovechkin sees Lundquist 4+ times a season and Quick once or twice (none this year). Like I said there is a heavy east coast bias, put Quick on a big market team in the East and its a different conversation.

Maybe because the East is more competitive..... Most of the superstars play in the East. Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, Tavares, Nash, Kovalchuk, need I say more? Theres only 3 good teams in the west in my opinion. Hawks, Kings, Ducks. And as much as I hate to admit it, I dont think that any of those teams can beat Pitt or Boston. 

Im not taking anything from the West. I love to watch Western conference hockey. But the East gets more attention cause most of the best players play here. Not only that but more people in the East care about hockey than the West. Its just a fact. Now with Detroit coming to the East again it only confirms my argument more.

Maybe because the East is more competitive..... Most of the superstars play in the East. Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, Tavares, Nash, Kovalchuk, need I say more? Theres only 3 good teams in the west in my opinion. Hawks, Kings, Ducks. And as much as I hate to admit it, I dont think that any of those teams can beat Pitt or Boston. 

Most of the more POPULAR players are there, true. And many of them are Popular simply because they are in the East. I think the argument that the West coast games are on much later on the east and most of Hockey is played in the East therefore it is more popular. No one over there is going to stay up till 10:30 PM to watch the start of a Kings game. Doesn't matter if Kopitar has a hat trick and highlight reel goals or Quick single handedly steals the Stanley Cup for the Kings, its simply too late for the East Coast to care. Doesn't make the players over there better, just that they get more time to shine. The west gets East Coast hockey at 4 PM, so we can experience both. You only get East.

And the West is more competitive IMO. The pacific division in general is usually decided by a point.