NHL Discussion

I fully supported him doing that, it was awesome.

He's been our best player all year and will probably be named captain...whenever that happens

I hope not. I still hope he comes back you NY. You truly have no idea how much we loved him here. Just about as much as we love Callahan and Hank. 

That was a late hit, but I don't feel bad about it.

Also, Edmonton's looking good this year.

3-6-1looks a lot better than 1-9-1, and we're missing 1/3 of our top 6.  i'm not saying we're going to make the playoffs but at least we're not icing goons to take liberties on skilled players as a last resort.

also, it was far more than a late hit.  

Of course you dont. Just like you didnt feel bad for that dirty Kaletta hit on Richards last year

Exactly. He barely touched Richards. The John Scott hit was late, and probably didn't have to happen. But I don't feel bad for Boston. Lucic didn't have to hit miller last year, but he did.

Congrats, the Sabers are the new Islanders. Also they are rumored to be trading us scumbag Steve. Even though I hate him I feel like that trade could actually work out for us. Or terribly. Either way.

Rumored from trusted sources? Sabres "insiders" claimed Edmonton was in talks with them for Vanek + Miller for "Yakupov +1" HAHAHAH. two players on contract years and a player who has a no trade clause to edmonton for a 20 year old stud in the making and another piece.

Rumored from trusted sources? Sabres "insiders" claimed Edmonton was in talks with them for Vanek + Miller for "Yakupov +1" HAHAHAH. two players on contract years and a player who has a no trade clause to edmonton for a 20 year old stud in the making and another piece.

I mean that doesnt seem like a crazy trade. They are trying to move Miller. And Edmonton is going to have to trade one of those 1st overall picks eventually dude, you cant afford to keep them all in the salary cap era, lets be honest. And it doesnt seem as if Yakupov is mending too well from some things I read. As for the source Im not sure who it was. Maybe Garroich? Who I usually laugh at but he was right on the Gaborik trade last year so Ill give him that.

Between Luongo, Price, Smith, Ward, Bernier, and Holtby, someone will step up.

it just goes to show how deep Canada is at goaltending to not have Fluery in the mix for the Olympics.  Im not sure he'll make the team, and I sorta hope he doesnt just so he can take those two weeks off 

I would love it if the Wild could get both Vanek and Miller, but couldn't work under the salary cap. We really need a goalie, because Backstrom isn't getting any younger, and can't stay healthy. While Harding has been playing well, who knows how long that will last with his MS.

And with Heatley coming off the books next year, it seems like a given that Vanek will be coming home to Minnesota. Not only because of his ties here, but him and Pominville are best buds.

On a side note, sucks that Brodin is out now. One of the best young defensemen in the league.

Exactly. He barely touched Richards. The John Scott hit was late, and probably didn't have to happen. But I don't feel bad for Boston. Lucic didn't have to hit miller last year, but he did.

Lucic can actually justify being on the ice, whereas John Scott is absolute fucking garbage. I can get behind the Bills but hoo-boy do the Sabres fucking suck.