NHL Discussion

It may be different for you guys but almost everyone I know thinks Jeff Carter is a bum. Him and Kopitar are two of my favourite players in the NHL who aren't on my team. When Carter walked over that blue line and had the puck perfectly on his off wing for more than 2 seconds, there was no chance in hell that it wasn't going in the net. 

I cant even explain to you how angry it makes me that the cheapest tickets for tonight are going for $527. The original cost is $140. Its ridiculous how much of a front runner town New York is. No one fucking cares about the Rangers/Devils or hockey until one of them are in the playoffs and the Knicks are out/football is over. Its just ridiculous. I like that people are getting into hockey, but next October you're going to be worrying about something else until April again. And because of you, I have to get raped to see something I'm passionate about (and love more than most things in life) all year. 

Since we all pretty much follow different teams, I'm curious what's on everyone's wish list for the summer?

For the Canucks:

Forwards: We need at least two new top six forwards, especially if Kesler goes. Hopefully we can give our 6th overall a chance, or one of Shinkaruk or Horvat. The other will need to be via trade. I'd like to see Kesler go for at least a first round pick and a young top six player. Our bottom six needs lots of work and there's a ton of free agents to fill those spots. Resigning Santorelli and Kassiaj for around 2 million would be fantastic. Booth will be bought out.

Defense: our top pair will be Hamhuis and Tanev. I hope Tanev resigns for under 4 mil per with a bit of term. I'd like to see Bieksa and Frankie Corrado as our second pair. I see one or both of Garrison and Edler going.

Goalies: if we go with Lack, we need a vet to take a fair bit of a load. If we have a chance at a starter for cheapish, I'd go for it.

Coach: Trotz please.

It may be different for you guys but almost everyone I know thinks Jeff Carter is a bum. Him and Kopitar are two of my favourite players in the NHL who aren't on my team. When Carter walked over that blue line and had the puck perfectly on his off wing for more than 2 seconds, there was no chance in hell that it wasn't going in the net. 

I absolutely love Carts, but i'm biased.

Since we all pretty much follow different teams, I'm curious what's on everyone's wish list for the summer?

For the Canucks:

Forwards: We need at least two new top six forwards, especially if Kesler goes. Hopefully we can give our 6th overall a chance, or one of Shinkaruk or Horvat. The other will need to be via trade. I'd like to see Kesler go for at least a first round pick and a young top six player. Our bottom six needs lots of work and there's a ton of free agents to fill those spots. Resigning Santorelli and Kassiaj for around 2 million would be fantastic. Booth will be bought out.

Defense: our top pair will be Hamhuis and Tanev. I hope Tanev resigns for under 4 mil per with a bit of term. I'd like to see Bieksa and Frankie Corrado as our second pair. I see one or both of Garrison and Edler going.

Goalies: if we go with Lack, we need a vet to take a fair bit of a load. If we have a chance at a starter for cheapish, I'd go for it.

Coach: Trotz please.

Hmm, my guess is that neither Mitchell nor Greene will be back so we will definitely need at least 1 shutdown kind of guy. Theres been rumblings among Kings fans for Richards to be bought out, or traded but the thought is he doesnt have much value (most Kings fans are idiots), i'd say if thats the case then we'll need a replacement but i think the thought is Vey is ready and for Carter to center the kids like hes been doing.

Oh yeah, and re-sign Gaborik which sounds like is going to happen.

Most of us in Philly are still upset he is gone. The one thing the Flyers lack is a true goal scorer, and that is exactly what Carter is.

Rangers wish list:

Forwards: Bring back everyone who's contract is up. Seriously, everyone. Dont over pay Brassard and Zucc though. Ill give them both about 3 mil. Not much more than that. MAYBE 3.5 for Zucc. I dont want Richards to be bought out either. If we could buy him out and then bring him back Id be all about it, but since that loophole has been closed, Im fine with keeping him at his current deal. His leadership alone has been a huge reason for this team going this far, let alone his clutch play.

Defense: Bring back Stralman if the contract is right. Dont think she should be paid more than 2.5-3 mil per season. Id also like them to bring back Diaz. He was great depth wise. 

Goaltending: Can you even ask for anything more?

Isles keeping 5th pick this year. Buffalo has theirs and the Isles top picks next year, so they could potentially get both Eichel and McDavid. Yeesh.

Honestly bullshit. The Isles knew what they were getting into with that trade, no reason they should be keeping the 5th overall. It should be Buffalo's. The positive is that its a weak draft class, but still. Its like the Devils getting their first rounders back. If we lose in the Conf or Cup Finals, I dont think the Rangers should bitch and give the Bolts their 2016 first rounder instead of this years. Thats just stupid. You make a trade knowing the risks, not the leagues fault you fucked up. 

Honestly bullshit. The Isles knew what they were getting into with that trade, no reason they should be keeping the 5th overall. It should be Buffalo's. The positive is that its a weak draft class, but still. Its like the Devils getting their first rounders back. If we lose in the Conf or Cup Finals, I dont think the Rangers should bitch and give the Bolts their 2016 first rounder instead of this years. Thats just stupid. You make a trade knowing the risks, not the leagues fault you fucked up. 

Wasn't it part of the trade that they could pick which year? If so then theres no bullshit involved.

I cant even explain to you how angry it makes me that the cheapest tickets for tonight are going for $527. The original cost is $140. Its ridiculous how much of a front runner town New York is. No one fucking cares about the Rangers/Devils or hockey until one of them are in the playoffs and the Knicks are out/football is over. Its just ridiculous. I like that people are getting into hockey, but next October you're going to be worrying about something else until April again. And because of you, I have to get raped to see something I'm passionate about (and love more than most things in life) all year.

That's one thing I don't miss about NY. When the Rangers play the Hurricanes, I just make the trip. It still ends up cheaper than tix at MSG including the hotel