NHL Discussion

why do pens fans hate byslma so much?  i honestly don't know.  he won a cup with y'all at some point...

My issue with Bylsma is that he tries to be likable with the media and when things don't start working out the way he wanted he would start switching stuff up, not sticking with the gameplan.  Then again, Bylsma is the coach and the coach is usually the scapegoat in these situations.  With the USA team and now the Pens faltering AGAIN with so-called best player in the world someone has to go and he's the common denominator.  Crosby's legacy is now becoming tarnished and Mario won't let that happen.  

Bylsma won the cup in 2009 because he took over mid season and tweeked Theriens system and it worked.  He won with someone elses team.  he hasnt been able to do that since then because he doesnt know how to build the structure that Therien had set up, going with his own plan that has led them to early exits every season but last year.  and not just early exits, but EMBARRASSING early exits.  

the only players that are untouchable are Crosby, Malkin, Martin and Letang.  I think everyone else is fair game, and should be.  Malkin wont be traded because his NTC kicked in july 1, 2013, and after his performance the last few games of the rangers series they absolutely cannot afford to lose him. 

Bylsma was great at not putting players where they should be.  the fact that he played Iginla on his offwing the entire time he was a Penguin last year should have been reason to fire him.  

the only players that are untouchable are Crosby, Malkin, Martin and Letang.  I think everyone else is fair game, and should be.  Malkin wont be traded because his NTC kicked in july 1, 2013, and after his performance the last few games of the rangers series they absolutely cannot afford to lose him. 

Bylsma was great at not putting players where they should be.  the fact that he played Iginla on his offwing the entire time he was a Penguin last year should have been reason to fire him.  

Paul Martin? has he been that good for you guys? I was sad to see him go when he left jersey but I was happy we didn't give him 5 Million.

Pierre was just on Mike Francesa, said owners only meeting took place after the game. So looks like Dan will get fired. He also said its not only the coaches who are in jeopardy, players too. Expect a huge shakeup.

yup, been hearing that all day.  potentially Shero getting the axe, too.

Shero has pulled so many rabbits out of his hat at the trade deadline... if it were me I would let Dan go and get a new goalie

he has, but his draft record in terms of goal production is awful.  

SINCE 2007, NO PENGUINS DRAFT PICK HAS SCORED MORE THAN 15 GOALS WITH THE TEAM

Every draft pick to score a goal for Pittsburgh since '07: Jeffrey (15), Maatta (9), Bennett (6), Despres (3). Bortuzzo (2), Caputi (2).

he has, but his draft record in terms of goal production is awful.  

SINCE 2007, NO PENGUINS DRAFT PICK HAS SCORED MORE THAN 15 GOALS WITH THE TEAM

Every draft pick to score a goal for Pittsburgh since '07: Jeffrey (15), Maatta (9), Bennett (6), Despres (3). Bortuzzo (2), Caputi (2).

Drafting goes deeper then just the GM though that's on scouting and coaching as well.... blow the whole organization up and trade Malkin to the Devils lol.