NHL Discussion

The assistant GMis still there, not worried about that, most of those players are gone anyways

Heads up, I work with Derrick Pouliots uncle. He always gives me updates and told me today that he needs shoulder surgery, but should hopefully be ok for camp. He also said ownership was willing to trade him for Kesler but Shero wouldn't, and that hurt his case after they were knocked out.

I see the Rangers signing Dan Boyle this offseason. He's been linked to the Rangers so many times in the past, there's just no way I dont see Slats throwing a deal at him. If its a low number deal for a year or two, I dont think Id mind as long as he was on the 3rd D pair with Klein. Stralman might have to go and we can bump up John Moore. That is, if we dont win the cup this year. 

Heads up, I work with Derrick Pouliots uncle. He always gives me updates and told me today that he needs shoulder surgery, but should hopefully be ok for camp. He also said ownership was willing to trade him for Kesler but Shero wouldn't, and that hurt his case after they were knocked out.

thats good to hear, the health issue, not the trade thang.  glad they didnt blow the farm up to get Kesler, ive read that Pouliot will be given a shot to break the roster day 1 next season. 

As a Florida Panthers diehard (rare, and stupid, i know...) I am praying we trade the first overall pick. Ekblad would be wonderful, but trading the pick and a prospect for a legit top 3 winger and staying in the top 8 would be the perfect way to kick off the summer... We are desperate for scoring.

I'm desperate for the canucks to get that pick. I wonder if the sixth and Edler would do it? We have a trade history

itd have to be kesler, though we aren't looking for centres because of bjugstad, barkov, & trochek. 

and that trade history is pretty blemished, with the fleece job the original luongo trade was, plus we pawned off david booth on you and then gave you peanuts to get luongo back. a weird trade history to say the least.

i think edmonton is the best bet to trade into our pick, possibly carolina. edmonton could give their first and sam gagner, which would be an upgrade on wing. carolina has a stockpile of things they could toss our way. i don't think tallon wants to trade lower than 8th.

There are a couple teams with the prospects to move combined with roster players that could go for that pick. Edmonton is surprisingly set when it comes to young defenceman who will eventually be good in their system, throwing in another would be counterproductive and they'd lose something big time upfront. But then again it is Edmonton so I wouldn't be surprised for a second if they do exactly the opposite of what they should.

I wouldn't count the Flyers or hell, even the Kings (whose D are getting old) maybe springing to get that pick for Ekblad. Mike Richards maybe?

florida has all the prospects they need, truly. the #1 pick will need an immediate, top 3 winger to be pried lose, plus an exchange of top picks within the top 10, if not more. Edmonton has a gluttony of forward prospects and as much as some of their D is coming along, a player like Ekblad would be exacty who theyd love to draft, as opposed to having another forward who is buried amongst their others. Just a thought.

I could see the flyers doing something like wayne simmonds and brayden schenn plus their first, but it depends on how much hextall wants change.

itd have to be kesler, though we aren't looking for centres because of bjugstad, barkov, & trochek.

and that trade history is pretty blemished, with the fleece job the original luongo trade was, plus we pawned off david booth on you and then gave you peanuts to get luongo back. a weird trade history to say the least.

i think edmonton is the best bet to trade into our pick, possibly carolina. edmonton could give their first and sam gagner, which would be an upgrade on wing. carolina has a stockpile of things they could toss our way. i don't think tallon wants to trade lower than 8th.

We are not going to trade for the 1st pick. Draisaitl is perfect for us.

florida has all the prospects they need, truly. the #1 pick will need an immediate, top 3 winger to be pried lose, plus an exchange of top picks within the top 10, if not more. Edmonton has a gluttony of forward prospects and as much as some of their D is coming along, a player like Ekblad would be exacty who theyd love to draft, as opposed to having another forward who is buried amongst their others. Just a thought.

I could see the flyers doing something like wayne simmonds and brayden schenn plus their first, but it depends on how much hextall wants change.

want james neal?  lol

why, living in toronto, are you a panthers fan?

That's crazy talk. You have a better shot of seeing Jon Benet then the Flyers trading both Simmonds and Schenn plus their #1 pick for Florida's pick. 

Lol. Why the fuck would you trade 2 established NHLers, one a 30 goal scorer, and your #1 pick for the first pick in a week draft year.

simmonds already is rumoured to be on the trading block, specifically for a top tier defensemen. The draft is weak, absolutely, but it is only weak outside of the top 3. 

i am simply projecting ideas, and what tallon is looking for (established top 3 player and a first round pick swap.) including schenn would probably mean a young D or F from florida, Kulikov or Quinton Howden, being put in the mix as well. Something Tallon has said he'd do.

want james neal?  lol

why, living in toronto, are you a panthers fan?

i was born in toronto, moved to florida when i was 2 and lived there until i was 20. i moved back to toronto just under a year ago, as much as i like the leafs, i will always be a panthers fan. i grew up going to every game.

i was born in toronto, moved to florida when i was 2 and lived there until i was 20. i moved back to toronto just under a year ago, as much as i like the leafs, i will always be a panthers fan. i grew up going to every game.

those games are tough to be at as a panthers fan. i wish hockey was popular down here and people actually knew something about the sport.

most of those season ticket holders are just buying them to have something to do on a given night unfortunately because of the price

I've been to both the Panthers and Bolts arenas once. It couldn't have been more different. Bolts arena is right near the water and in a pretty cool area conducive to tailgating. They also seemed to have plenty of hardcore fans and a nice arena with a kickass HD scoreboard.

Panthers arena, on the other hand, was out in a bland business area, and while nice, had some lousy sightlines. Both games were against the Leafs, so there were plenty of snowbirds and Canadians on vacation rooting for TO. The difference was that Tampa fans could hold their own against the visitors, while the Panthers fans seemed completely outnumbered. I'd love to see hockey make it in both markets, but the Panthers seem to have everything going against them. 

I've been to both the Panthers and Bolts arenas once. It couldn't have been more different. Bolts arena is right near the water and in a pretty cool area conducive to tailgating. They also seemed to have plenty of hardcore fans and a nice arena with a kickass HD scoreboard.

Panthers arena, on the other hand, was out in a bland business area, and while nice, had some lousy sightlines. Both games were against the Leafs, so there were plenty of snowbirds and Canadians on vacation rooting for TO. The difference was that Tampa fans could hold their own against the visitors, while the Panthers fans seemed completely outnumbered. I'd love to see hockey make it in both markets, but the Panthers seem to have everything going against them.

That and the arenas no more than 2/3 full for every game (a lot of the times less). I haven't been in a good 2 years but I cant believe it's much better now.

Two years ago, when we won the Southleast and made it into the playoffs, the attendance was great. Its not hockey, there is tons of love for hockey in the south... the issue is Florida fans... much like the Marlins and Dolphins now, if the team isn't winning, no one is going. The Heat sell out every game now because they are working on becoming a dynasty, seven years ago no one was going because they were no good. When the Panthers win again, people will flock there.