NHL Discussion

Detroit wishlist:

Forwards: Let the kids play. Sheahan-Tatar-Jurco was a great line all year and keep Nyquist with Zetterberg. Wish Steven Weiss could be bought out but he can't so he better perform. No one will trade for him at this point so just make it work. He can be a second line center so hopefully he figures it the fuck out. Let Bertuzzi and Cleary go to free agency and if Alfie resigns, fantastic, if not, make a trade or give Pulkinnen in the AHL a shot. In a dream land they trade for Loui Eriksson and revive him, he's clearly not working in Boston and needs to be with his swedish brethren. 

Defence: Matt Niskanen. There is no reason they shouldn't throw the cash at him. They have the cap and they desperately need that right handed shot. Let that fucking duo-tang Kyle Quincey walk and in a dream world they also trade for Christian Erhoff. Maybe send Mitch Callahan in the deal. 

Goaltending: Give Howard the chance to get his shit together again. You signed him two seasons ago so he's here to stay. I'd let Gustavsson go to free agency and bring up Petr Mrazek, let the kid get some NHL time and save the cap room Gustavsson would eat up. 

Ticket prices at MSG will make for some interesting posts from him. Probably be 1k just to get in the building for the Finals. 

So how many is Carcillo gonna get? I'll say 2. 

Its already going to be 1700 according to stubhub. 

Do you guys realize how insufferable Matt is going to be once the Rags are in the Final? Or god forbid actually win a cup..

Dude Ill be on tour, wont even be on here haha

Detroit wishlist:

Goaltending: Give Howard the chance to get his shit together again. You signed him two seasons ago so he's here to stay. I'd let Gustavsson go to free agency and bring up Petr Mrazek, let the kid get some NHL time and save the cap room Gustavsson would eat up.

Spot on. Rotating Mrazek in a little more often might give Howard time to rest and result in fewer injuries, as well.

These suspensions are a fucking joke. Prust deserves MUCH more than 2 fucking games. As for Carcillo, he was just trying to get free from an overly aggressive ref. I dont think he meant to give that ref a slight elbow or anything, he just didnt want to be restrained like that. He's going to appeal it. He was sitting out next game with Brassard coming back, but still, doesnt deserve 10 games for that. If anyone shouldve gotten 10 games its Prust for blindsided cheapshot and breaking Stepan's jaw. Fucking scumbag.

Really surprised Prust only got two. The Carcillo thing only had the option of 3, 10 or 20 so not surprised he got the middle ground. I think the NHL is way better than most sports for respecting officials and this is how they keep that in check. Who he is certainly (unfairly or not) played a role. 

Prust probably should have, at least, gotten 4 games, or the length of the series if it went the full 7. carcillo was a mandatory minimum for touching a ref, which sucks but is understandable.

habs missing star goalie and tough guy, rags missing star scorer and tough guy. evened out, unfortunately.