most dissapointing album by favorite band

yeah flood, rancid 2000 is fucking amazing. you're soooooo not punx.

lets look at the progression:

s/t and lets go... extremely good albums hinting at greatness.

AOCTW - amazing album.. how will they top this?

they top it with LWW... holy crap... this could have been what the clash really wanted to release as cut the crap... how will they follow this up?

WITH A STEAMING FREAKING TURD THAT SOUNDS LIKE EVERY SHITTY PUNK BAND I LISTENED TO WHEN I WAS 14 BECAUSE I THOUGHT MOHAWKS WERE COOL.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they top it with LWW... holy crap... this could have been what the clash really wanted to release as cut the crap... how will they follow this up?

WITH A STEAMING FREAKING TURD THAT SOUNDS LIKE EVERY SHITTY PUNK BAND I LISTENED TO WHEN I WAS 14 BECAUSE I THOUGHT MOHAWKS WERE COOL.

i really think you should go back and listen to it a few times...i kinda felt the same way as you, but over time, it really is good

up the punx, see ya in tha pit xxx

up the punx, see ya in tha pit xxx

hilarious

Bad Religion - New America

I was a huge BR nuthugger when this came out, but I could delude myself to think it was even remotely decent. The B-Side "The Fast Life" was leagues better than anything on the album itself.

Anything BR did without Brett was mediocre compared to the band with Brett. From what I understand Brett and Greg duel song-wise so one without the other means some duds make the album.

New America is by far my favorite BR album. Everyone else seems to very much disagree, but long way to the promise land and streetkid named desire are my favorite songs of theirs.

i like all the non-Brett BR records too New America grew on me and I like a lot of No Substance too.

"Don't Sell Me Short" is my fuckin jam! wha-oa!

There's good songs but as an entire album goes Process of Belief powns everything between it and Stranger than Fiction along with the two newer albums.

Taking Back Sunday--"Where You Want To Be" (and all after)

Alkaline Trio--"Good Mourning" (and all after)

Face To Face--"Ignorance Is Bliss" (couple of tracks I got into...Trevor just let too much Viva Death creep into this record and let Chad go ape-shit....but, the actual recordings sound great...just too weird of an album for Face To Face)

Boston--"Third Stage" (and all after)

Weezer--"Weezer" (green album) (and all after)

The Movielife--"40 hour Train Back To Penn"...(I know I'll catch shit for this, but so be it...not as solid as This Time Next Year...plus whomever mixed that thing gets a big FUCKYOU for letting the snare track ride so fucking high in that godamn mix...everytime I attempted to listen to it...all I could hear was a fucking snare drum)

New Found Glory--"Sticks and Stones" (and all after)

Midtown--"Living Well Is The Best Revenge" (Why did the producer get paid for this fucking album...so overly polished...use of a lofi filter literally in EVERY fucking song on this record...the one after that pissed me off too)

Coheed and Cambria--"In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth III" (and all after) [i'm sure i'll catch more than my share of shit for this too....Thought the first record was brilliant...this record got a bit too poppy and weird for me...almost like they were trying their hardest to push boundaries in every way possible...it was alright, but a big disappointment after Second Stage Turbine Blade]

NOFX--"Pump Up The Valium" (and all after) [Oddly enough I really dug the titled track which didn't make it on the album....but found this record to be lacking]

I'm sure I could go on...and on....and on...but I'll stop here for now

Just off the top of my head...

adhesive - we got the beat

AM- new wave

black eyed peas - whenever that slut fergie joined the group... i really liked the first 2 cds

all the recent guttermouth albums

weezer - red album

no use for a name - keep them confused

the new alkaline trio

skin of tears - ass it is

smoke or fire - above the city

all the recent Vandals albums