Your most prized piece of vinyl...

I am bored at work so here is a question to kill some time...

i know everyone has at least one record that made them so excited to find or just has a lot of meaning to you and you would never part with it.

What record is your most prized? and why?

My pick would most likely be my copy of Satanic Surfers/Seven Hate - Born To Skate 7" split on white vinyl.

Satanic surfers (if you dont know, play fast skate punk rock) are one of my all time favorite bands and this record is super rare (it contains 2 live tracks that arent available anywhere else). I have never seen one before on ebay, websites or anywhere else and i ended up finding this used in a charlotte record store about 3 or so years ago for like 5 bucks. I am sure i was acting (dancing) like an idiot when i saw it, but whatever i was stoked.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, that's tough. Probably my Alkaline Trio - "Good Mourning" which was autographed by the band, and they drew all over it. really made it a lot cooler looking and more personal. also, my kid dynamite records.

That's so cool that Alkaline Trio drew all over the vinyl. Can you post a picture? At one of their shows around the time Skiba's signature guitar came out durring their set he asked a kid in the front if he played guitar and gave him the guitar he was using! I was so jealous! Haha that was about the same time when I met this girl from chicago who said Skiba's dad was her dentist.

probably Against Me! - Disco Before the Breakdown (red-explosion) .. theres only 2 of these in print.. and one of them was lost in the mail never to be heard from again.

altho the test pressing from the first 7" i put out will probably always be my real #1.

how did you score so many rare against me! gems?

Yeah it kills me that i didnt get into collecting their vinyl when they were just beginning. I saw them a couple of times when i would go visit friends in gainesville years and years ago and a buddy made me tapes of all their records and thats when i became a big fan. But i guess i really didnt start collecting vinyl until after i graduated from college since i could barely afford food so i didnt have much cash for records.

Queen - Made in Heaven on ivory vinyl. It's limited to 10,000 pressings, which doesn't sound like its that rare, but that's worldwide, and for a band like Queen it's not a lot. Plus the packaging is great.

I got it for about $30 a couple years back and now it goes for at least $50, I've seen stores selling it for $80. I think it was the first Queen vinyl I bought that was truly "collectible," so maybe it holds sentimental value too.

i cant pick one, but these records are some of my favorites...

converge - jane doe

cave in - until your heart stops

botch - we are the romans

poison the well - opposite of december

you should be very proud of each and every one of those. i only own jane doe. would love to own the others, color or black. those are sick releases.

Hey Scott, I have that same Jimmy Eat World LP. It came with a 7". Is it rare? I just always assumed it was what the LP looked like. I paid about $4 for mine too.

Aw, lucky, the 7" had already parted ways with my copy when I found it. And I don't think it's uber-rare, but I've seen copies go for $25-30 on Bay. I'll gladly take that 7" off your hands, though. :)