Has anyone seen The Revival Tour yet?

last night was awesome.

i'd like to state that Tim Barry is the nicest dude ever, and Frank Turner is mind blowingly amazing... at first i was bummed because i had no idea who the dude was when we booked the show, and i was familiar with all the other guys opening the tour... but hes seriously better than all of them.

and the highlite of my night?

while packing up and cleaning the club.. Frank played tiny dancer on the piano, with tim singing thru a cell phone onto josh small's answering machine... then everyone who was working/packing up started singing too.. it was pretty damn ridiculous.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank Turner is mind blowingly amazing... at first i was bummed because i had no idea who the dude was when we booked the show, and i was familiar with all the other guys opening the tour... but hes seriously better than all of them.

does he still mention his cell phone in every single song?

last night was awesome.

i'd like to state that Tim Barry is the nicest dude ever, and Frank Turner is mind blowingly amazing... at first i was bummed because i had no idea who the dude was when we booked the show, and i was familiar with all the other guys opening the tour... but hes seriously better than all of them.

while packing up and cleaning the club.. Frank played tiny dancer on the piano, with tim singing thru a cell phone onto josh small's answering machine... then everyone who was working/packing up started singing too.. it was pretty damn ridiculous.

Flood, were you sitting by the door when the show ended? I had to get out of there because my friend had to get up early today to work and he lives in Putnam, so I didn't want to hold him there as I was following him there to stay with him. We never got to the brewpub or wherever you were before either, obviously, so I'll have to find another concert to get out there for. Maybe that small Tom Gabel show.

You probably didn't notice, but I was wearing a solid black pullover hoody and was right behind the scene kids that were annoyingly rocking out a bit too hard in the middle. That was a great concert, my friend had never heard of any of them, but he wants me to give him some music because he loved them all. Said he had more fun there than most concerts where he liked and knew most of the bands.

Weeee photos from the Philly show. I took a shit load. I only have a tiny bit edited. I am in no way a professional. I just like to bring my camera when I can. These are just a couple of my favorites.

NICE!

Did you happen to see any drunken French Canadian dudes there? My friend who goes to school in Philly just called me and told me about the show last night, she said she became friendly with a bunch of French Canadian guys and I guess they were sharing their alcohol with folks at the show.

Thanks! Actually now that I think about it, at one point I think there were some dudes standing behind me that said they were from Canada! I wish they were sharing booze at that point. I chugged a bunch of beer with my roommates before heading to the show so I had a pretty nice buzz for half the show. Soooooooooo many drunx people at that show.

last night was awesome.

Flood, were you sitting by the door when the show ended? I had to get out of there because my friend had to get up early today to work and he lives in Putnam, so I didn't want to hold him there as I was following him there to stay with him. We never got to the brewpub or wherever you were before either, obviously, so I'll have to find another concert to get out there for. Maybe that small Tom Gabel show.

You probably didn't notice, but I was wearing a solid black pullover hoody and was right behind the scene kids that were annoyingly rocking out a bit too hard in the middle. That was a great concert, my friend had never heard of any of them, but he wants me to give him some music because he loved them all. Said he had more fun there than most concerts where he liked and knew most of the bands.

i was the big dude with the black shirt sitting on the stool, not the jamaican dude selling the posters :)

we hit the pub before and after the show with a bunch of people from the show... it was a good time.. and there was sooo many people drinking in their cars that night.. i've never seen a line to the bathroom at a show at the space.. and their was a line all night

Guest genericinsight

Holy shit. Last night in NYC was UNREAL. Easily one of the best shows I've been to all year.

Our special guest was Jesse Malin. Funny, I was the only person in my group of friends who knew who he was and was psyched to see him.

I was HIGHLY impressed with Frank Turner too. He was so fucking good.