i bought this yesterday...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've picked a some great tips for ebay selling on this thread. They'll come in handy when I put up some records for my brother who has to get rid of them to afford some things for the new baby. He's got some good stuff. A lot of Jawbreaker including Jawbreaker Live.

Note to self.

1. No animations.

2. No scrolling text.

3. No comic sans.

I've picked a some great tips for ebay selling on this thread. They'll come in handy when I put up some records for my brother who has to get rid of them to afford some things for the new baby. He's got some good stuff. A lot of Jawbreaker including Jawbreaker Live.

Note to self.

1. No animations.

2. No scrolling text.

3. No comic sans.

your brother is a lucky man. did he get the jawbreaker record from the label? or did he get it by other means??

$350 easy.

I do, beat up copies aren't that valuable.

The "butcher cover" is incredibly rare though, so I doubt it too.

i'm not saying it's impossible, but i just can't see it happening. i had a college professor that owned a beat up copy - he brought it into a lecture once and showed it to us. he paid a couple thousand dollars for his.

The "butcher cover" is incredibly rare though, so I doubt it too.

i'm not saying it's impossible, but i just can't see it happening. i had a college professor that owned a beat up copy - he brought it into a lecture once and showed it to us. he paid a couple thousand dollars for his.

It all depends. There are butcher covers that have the second cover pasted over it. some people peel it off, revealing the butcher cover and you can get one of those for a couple hundred.

Take a look through the winning bidders purchase history, it's fucking sick. I looked at maybe 5 previous items and they were all records anywhere from $100-$800. He has over a thousand purchases, what does this guy do for a living if he can drop what's probably hundreds of thousands of dollars on records?

He's probably not a multi-millionaire, but I bet he has a pretty damn good job. Instead of buying a $100K Mercedes, a boat, or spending lots of money landscaping his yard he puts it into his record collecting hobby.

Of course I'm just speculating, but I know people that have fairly modest jobs but they sink sick amounts of money into weird shit because that is their hobby and they don't spend their money on the kind of things 'most' people buy/would buy in their situation.

If someone has that much to drop on one record, it's pretty obvious they live in their mother's basement.

so i went to the record store and asked about it and the owner said he has personally seen about 100 copies come and go in the store.

Some are rare because they are the 1st pressing which only about 2000 were not "returned"

they made an alternative cover that was actually pasted on the the old covers which is just as rare. also since the value of the US dollar is down people overseas get records from ebay for cheap.

so i went to the record store and asked about it and the owner said he has personally seen about 100 copies come and go in the store.

Some are rare because they are the 1st pressing which only about 2000 were not "returned"

they made an alternative cover that was actually pasted on the the old covers which is just as rare. also since the value of the US dollar is down people overseas get records from ebay for cheap.

Where'd you go, Black Dog? That dude is so nice.

Note to self.

1. No animations.

2. No scrolling text.

3. No comic sans.

your brother is a lucky man. did he get the jawbreaker record from the label? or did he get it by other means??

$350 easy.

Bought it for $200 online years ago. He may change his mind once the day comes that I take it from him so I can sell it for him. Shoot. It's going to kill me to sell it. Sorry for the hijack. Look for it in January.

I had a teacher in high school who had a copy of this (seriously). He and his friend were huge into the Beatles and he bought a copy with the sticker over the original cover (new when they came out) with his friend. His friend said he could peel off the stickers and he would do that and bring it back.

Friend comes back the next day and gives him a the record with a mark on the corner, says he totally destroyed my teachers cover trying to peal off the sticker so he gave my teacher his own copy (slightly damaged) in order to make it up to him.

Nice guy right?

Except it comes out years later that he actually peeled my teacher's copy off perfectly and damaged his own copy. He gave the damaged copy to my teacher claiming it was the original. That was some shady business.

Guest kingbuzzo

Note to self.

1. No animations.

2. No scrolling text.

3. No comic sans.

As soon as that Jawbreaker stuff goes up I am bidding hard.