RUN FOR COVER RECORDS - Send us our Shit!

Today marks the 5 month anniversary since i placed my order with Run For Cover Records aka 'jeff'

Normally i wouldn't mind so much if something arrives late, but theres no other word that comes to mind other than 'ridiculous'.. seriously 5 fucking months?

The stories i've been hearing and the fact i know theres at least 3 other people i know personally still waiting on stuff and his messages on here saying its all been sent, when they obviously haven't been and the one reply i've gotten via email is starting to make me think the guy is rather shady.

I understand problems happen when it comes to pressing vinyl but i know a bunch of people in Australia who are still waiting on orders from last year.

Jeff if you're reading this, email me at [email protected] with an update, this is bad business practice and i can't see your label surviving if you keep this shit up.

I've had enough, if you don't want to send my stuff paypal me the money im owed to that email, whatever

I don't appreciate being made to feel like im being ripped off by anyone, let alone a 'record label'

If anyone else is still waiting on stuff, post your grievances here please, i would like to find out the real extent of this situation.

I really should've learnt my lesson when i ordered 2 CD's off you at the start of the year and they never arrived

I didn't worry about it because i moved house and thought mabye they got lost..now its quite obvious that this sort of shit has been going on for a lot longer than these Fireworks pre-orders.

Sorry for the new thread everyone, but i couldn't find the old one

and i think this deserves a new thread anyway.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't originally file a claim because i heard about the delays regarding the pressing of the actual vinyl and figured the rest of my order had been held up so everything could be sent together.

By the time i filed a claim it was way too late to get my money back.

I don't mean to be an ass or hold a grudge and it wasn't easy actually writing this in such a 'im calling you out type of manner'

But i've waited for a very long time, sent emails etc hell almost every day it's on my mind thinking 'will this be the day the mail lady drops off my Run For Cover package' and to have gotten literally around 100 things sent to me since and to still be waiting really bums me out. The one email i did get back i was quite polite and friendly i thought in my reply.

'That's fine mate i realise some of it was out of your control (pressing plant problems etc)

im now just happy to get a reply and to know my order has finally been sorted out

ill shoot you a pm when they arrive

thanks!

Brendan'

I've really have tried to be Patient.

and I tried to resolve this in a friendly manner, but enough's enough you know?

Nick, are you another person still waiting on the fireworks order from back in April/early May?

Here are some quotes made from people on this board in the previous "Run For Cover Records' thread

Yeah my friend has had a lot of trouble with them. Apparently they fucked him over. He feels so bad about it he added them to his bad traders list.
I ordered an LP and 7" a couple months back... later that day got an email saying my order has been shipped. I selected priority shipping and still haven't seen it
i had a similar experience, ordered This is Hell and Sinking Ships 7-inches, both of which were in stock. Then heard nothing for a month, so I e-mailed back the address on the paypal order, the confirmation e-mail, and the website's contact and help e-mails. Nothing from that until I took out a paypal claim. Like 4 days later Jeff e-mailed me and said he was busy with Fireworks pre-orders, but then never got a shipping notice, and still have nothing in the mail. When he e-mailed me back I ceased the paypal claim, so I'm shit out of luck on that one, but at least is was only $12.
i ordered 2 shirts, hoodie and a 7" before and didn't get them for almost 8 months...When I finally got my order I didn't even get the 7"
shitty distro that i won't be ordering from again. i bought a rise and fall 7" from them months ago and after about a month of nothing, i emailed the guy and asked if i could just get a refund. a few days later i got an email saying he was sorry and that he already shipped it out the day before and threw in a free 7" for my trouble. another month passes by and nothing. finally, about two weeks ago, it shows up. no free 7" and it was post-marked 5 days before. i don't understand why he lied to me about it.
I ordered the This is Hell 7" in December 2006 and received it February 2008 ...

^ After sending the guy like 20 emails or something

I ordered a TIH 7" and a Trap Them 7" along with a TIH poster in April, still have nothing, Emailed him but no reply as of yet.

^Written in July

too bad my order was placed back in april.... long before he went on warped tour... being on tour is no excuse in this case... I wouldn't recommend that anyone orders from tihis guy.

Makes you wonder how many people there is in the same situation who don't post on the forum.

I GOT MINE TODAY!!!! I totally know what your going through. I went through all the same steps as you but he usually replied to my e-mails. my only question is that I thought there was going to be a download card/link for the fireworks 7". also do we know the pressing colors and numbers??

yea im on about 7 or 8 months for two 7"s, and he only responded to my paypal claim which i optimistically retracted.

i've had issues with other labels but they always work out. like hyperrealist, it took forever to get my baroness that i ordered in january, but i got it and pat has shown that he did his absolute best to get everyone their stuff. that is a respectful label.

however, this label is absolute shit. i hope they don't put out anything else that i want to buy.

Jeff is a good dude, I did have a problem with an order and waited for like 7 months because out of stock/merch and waited on a repress of a record but got the order. He always responded to me.

Six feet under records is worse. I ordered 2 7"s and never received them, all Dave said in an email back was the postal service lost 30 orders and nothing else. When I asked for a refund he gave no response. Sucks.

maybe you should write an e-mail and include a link to this thread. when he sees it's been viewed 200 times and there are this many people who he's pissed off, and he sees the power you have of fucking up his business by writing something like this, he'll be a little more receptive and helpful.

it's so ridiculous when labels (or any company in general) treat their customers like shit; it's not like they would be anything without their customers! yet another reason why vinylcollective is amazing. i'm so glad so much of the stuff i'm really interested in buying can be bought through virgil.

^^ totally agreed. i'm one of the people that complained from the other thread. and i stand by my comment that i won't order from rfc again. there's too many good labels/distros out there to be supporting one that doesn't give enough of a shit to respond to an email in a timely manner or send out a record.

vc, robo, magic bullet, deathwish, trl are all places that actually care about their customers. i have no problems ordering from them at any time because it's obvious they care about making us happy.

Still waiting on mine, that was my comment about the TIH & Trap Them 7"s, dude hasn't even replied to the PM I sent him on here, and I know from his last 5 posts he has been on here since I sent it.

You can see if he's read it or not by checking your outbox. A closed envelope means it hasn't been read. Although if he's been on and it's still unread he's probably just ignoring you.