Cool way to display vinyl

Not sure if anyone else has already tried this method, but I wanted to display my vinyl on the wall and i concluded i needed a ledge type picture frame shelf. Most I found were only 24" (at least the cheap ones) so I thought about this idea:

Get a strip of angle iron with holes in it from Lowes - mount it to the wall using screws through the holes. Put records on the ledge type shelf it creates.

I got 2 pieces last night and put one up, worked perfect.

I'll post pics when I get the other one up if you guys wanna see.

you could get a piece shaped slightly different, with 3 ends, sort of like a box without a top, instead of one that makes a shelf. that way you could hang one right side up and hang a second one upside down right above it giving enough space for whatever size records you wish to display. that way it would create 2 lips on both ends and your records wont fall off if youre worried about them falling.

Sorry for the crappy quality - the 2nd shelf isn't up yet, just got off work, but you can see the one up.

I'm trying to figure out a failsafe way of preventing them from ever falling that doesnt damage the jacket. They seem stable though - have converge playing on my little record player under turned up loud and they arent shifting at all.

[image]

[image]

Psst... there is a record player thats right underneath of the shelf playing a record.

why buy cool looking shit if you aren't going to either display it or play it? i do both. i'm not anal about dust, thats what canned air is for. hot glue lip sounds perfect.

as you can see too - the records on there now arent worth more than 15 dollars max

Why on earth would you let vinyl sit out on a shelf? They are called DUST SLEEVES for a reason.

Yeah and what's this I've been hearing about people playing their records too!? What the hell is wrong with you people? You'd probably send someone a letter with one of those upside down airplane stamps too. Jeez.