What video games have you been playing?

• 2 weeks later...

I have "played" Knights In The Nightmare on DS for about 45 minutes and I am still not done with all the tutorial stuff. This game looks like it is going to be crazy awesome and fucking hard.

For the unfamiliar (can't get to game sites for links) it is a combination of Final Fantasy Tactics style SRPG and Ikaruga-type bullet hell 2d shooters. Fantastic.

I beat Eternal Sonata this weekend, and have now started Enchanted Arms. Enchanted Arms has a really odd battle system. It is almost a srpg, but it is not at the same time. So far it is ok, pretty generic and the leveling system sucks since you have to buy the bulk of your attributes making it really hard to do properly.

Guest drahtuos

about to play this little guy.

[image]

had to drive to and call a few places before finding a copy today, i hate the limited availability of niche titles.

You'd think Devil Summoner wouldn't be so limited after all the success the other Shin Megami Tensei games have had lately.

Are those games any good? I skipped out on them because I didn't feel the SMT vibe like I did with Nocturne and DDS.

I will probably track down Devil Survivor for the DS sometime this weekend though...

Guest drahtuos
None, my SNES finally died after 14 years and 10 months of loyal service. This time, not even i can bring back to life. It's a sad day indeed.

death seems to be a trend this week..

I'm still playing Enchanted Arms. According to my save I'm half way through it, but man is the story dull and the game play boring. I may need to move on to a new game and come back since I can't exactly leave a game half finished, no matter how bad it is. I think I'll finally restart Persona 4.

What are the benefits of doing a new game + on this? I am just about ready to fight the (real) last boss and be all finished, but I was contemplting a 2nd go through since it is so awesome...

Hmm, I worded it bad I guess. I am going to restart since I only got about 6 hours in and want to make sure I remember everything. I'd guess new game+ would be like 3, harder and an extra boss.

Edit: akross, what setting are you playing on on your first play through? I'm giving Expert a go since P3 was sort of easy on Normal. I'm hoping this ups the difficulty a bit to FES level or higher. For some reason my disc or TV or ps2 hick-upped when Dojima was talking after you come across the police scene. It was odd, I don't remember doing it last time. Hopefully I won't have any other problems. My new TV makes it look 100 times better stretched to WS then my old one did too, which is awesome.

Hmm, I worded it bad I guess. I am going to restart since I only got about 6 hours in and want to make sure I remember everything. I'd guess new game+ would be like 3, harder and an extra boss.

Edit: akross, what setting are you playing on on your first play through? I'm giving Expert a go since P3 was sort of easy on Normal. I'm hoping this ups the difficulty a bit to FES level or higher. For some reason my disc or TV or ps2 hick-upped when Dojima was talking after you come across the police scene. It was odd, I don't remember doing it last time. Hopefully I won't have any other problems. My new TV makes it look 100 times better stretched to WS then my old one did too, which is awesome.

I am playing Normal. I don't know if I will ever play a SMT game on Expert, I don't know if I hate myself that much (and I have a new game plus waiting on all of them except for Nocturne and P3, so I'd rather do a 2nd playthrough than start a new 1st play...)

Nocturne on Expert seems overly painful. Normal is already way fucking hard.

Yeah, it's actually been pretty tough and I only made it to the boss on level 5 of Yukiko's Castle last night. I have been using a lot more healing items then I'd like to be using at this point in the game. I just wish my wireless controller wasn't a pos, every time I hold up and let go really fast it makes my character turn around usually resulting in a back attack by the enemy.