record list

I dunno about regular insurance policies...but with Renter's Insurance I know it pretty much covers everything...stereo equipment --> guitars and recording equipment (as I checked into it some years back)...at that time I only had a few records so it wasn't anything to worry about (though at the time I didn't realized how much I could get for my blue copy of Brand New's "Your Favorite Weapon")...so I'd assume that records would be included w/ Renter's Insurance...but I dunno...I just don't know...damnations I don't know

i know you can put items on insurance policies as seperate protections like i did with my wifes ring because of the value. i dont think you can insure a record that right now is worth 120 dollars and expect to get that in a loss. i could be totally outa line though.

I would agree that If the house burned I wouldn't get E-bay prices for the records...but just saying I lost my entire collection...even at a price of say 12.99 per records (or whatever they'd deem a decent price per 12") it's still a good chunk of change (for me, as I'm a relatively broke-ass college kid)

i know you can put items on insurance policies as seperate protections like i did with my wifes ring because of the value. i dont think you can insure a record that right now is worth 120 dollars and expect to get that in a loss. i could be totally outa line though.

I would agree that If the house burned I wouldn't get E-bay prices for the records...but just saying I lost my entire collection...even at a price of say 12.99 per records (or whatever they'd deem a decent price per 12") it's still a good chunk of change (for me, as I'm a relatively broke-ass college kid)

hmm i should check into that.

Several years ago a friend of mine had his room flood and ruin his collection. He took them to a record shop and had them appraise the value of each record pre-damage. He got over 10k from his fathers homeowners policy.

rad that he got some cash for it...sucks fat fuckin' dong that it all got flooded though

I use Check my vinyl as df and record nerd are retarded and do stuff like not actually send a confrimation when I sign up, and then tell me I already have an account.

but on check my vinyl, doesnt a whole release have to be added to the database to put it on your list? or can you just make a list? plus? isnt the site down already. that's the biggest deal breaker for me... when a site goes down for two days at a time.

You can also do this with DF. If you like, you could even format your list with basic HTML.

Awesome, I didn't realize it had that functionality. I'll have to start updating my list.

but on check my vinyl, doesnt a whole release have to be added to the database to put it on your list? or can you just make a list? plus? isnt the site down already. that's the biggest deal breaker for me... when a site goes down for two days at a time.

No, you can list whatever you want on your record list. They also maintain a separate pressing database, which you can add your records to, if you so desire. And yes, it has been down since yesterday, and that's pretty obnoxious. But they have been rolling out a lot of major new features recently, so hopefully it'll be better in the end.

I'm too damn lazy for this kind of stuff...I'd rather just keep my list in my head...thusfar it's only let me down once...I probably should get a list up in case of like...something shitty like theft or fire...but as of now I don't have renter's insurance, so I suppose it'd be a mute point

do people add records to their insurance policies?

my records, cassettes, cds, 8 tracks and etc. are covered by renter's insurance