record list

That checkmyvinyl.com thing has too much going on, I didn't like it. There's also google docs!

thats what i thought the first time i looked at it. I havent looked at it in a while though... On a side note, whats the deal with the site being down? is that common?

It's down every once in a while but I don't know what the deal is.

I'm too damn lazy for this kind of stuff...I'd rather just keep my list in my head...thusfar it's only let me down once...I probably should get a list up in case of like...something shitty like theft or fire...but as of now I don't have renter's insurance, so I suppose it'd be a mute point

I use How's Your Edge. I don't like Google Docs, as I like being able to gon on HYE and search through all lists to find what I like. Google Docs, everyone's is different, and there's no "grand directory" of such.

Despite the name, they seem to accept most people. I don't believe I have anything that would constitute being "straight edge", and I got accepted like a week after submitting a list. (Which at the time was nothing more than a some ska/punk 7"'s.)

i have to agree....you can also put pictures on there. dont know how to do it though but i want to.

Easy as pie...you just gotta hyperlink them...I have it on my list. If you click on the 'color' and anything underlined...it goes to a pic...

I would love to one day add pictures to my records, but I can't find anything to add a hyperlink anywhere. Maybe I'm an idiot but how'd you do it?

I'm too damn lazy for this kind of stuff...I'd rather just keep my list in my head...thusfar it's only let me down once...I probably should get a list up in case of like...something shitty like theft or fire...but as of now I don't have renter's insurance, so I suppose it'd be a mute point

do people add records to their insurance policies?

I dunno about regular insurance policies...but with Renter's Insurance I know it pretty much covers everything...stereo equipment --> guitars and recording equipment (as I checked into it some years back)...at that time I only had a few records so it wasn't anything to worry about (though at the time I didn't realized how much I could get for my blue copy of Brand New's "Your Favorite Weapon")...so I'd assume that records would be included w/ Renter's Insurance...but I dunno...I just don't know...damnations I don't know

I would love to one day add pictures to my records, but I can't find anything to add a hyperlink anywhere. Maybe I'm an idiot but how'd you do it?

To start...you have to have the pics uploaded to a site like Photobucket. Being that I am using an Excel spreadsheet and then uploading that to Google Docs...all you have to do is have the URL/address of the pic off the aforementioned Photobucket, and hyperlink it to the particular excell cell and than done...

I dunno about regular insurance policies...but with Renter's Insurance I know it pretty much covers everything...stereo equipment --> guitars and recording equipment (as I checked into it some years back)...at that time I only had a few records so it wasn't anything to worry about (though at the time I didn't realized how much I could get for my blue copy of Brand New's "Your Favorite Weapon")...so I'd assume that records would be included w/ Renter's Insurance...but I dunno...I just don't know...damnations I don't know

i know you can put items on insurance policies as seperate protections like i did with my wifes ring because of the value. i dont think you can insure a record that right now is worth 120 dollars and expect to get that in a loss. i could be totally outa line though.

To start...you have to have the pics uploaded to a site like Photobucket. Being that I am using an Excel spreadsheet and then uploading that to Google Docs...all you have to do is have the URL/address of the pic off the aforementioned Photobucket, and hyperlink it to the particular excell cell and than done...

i am going to try this and probably fuck up and pm you just so you know........also i dont go through excel and load it into google docs..is that easier or something, rather than just going to google docs.