Official Election Thread

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Prop 8 shit in California kinda scares me. I don't know the chances of it passing, but if it does, I feel like it'll have some real repercussions across the country.

*not gay*

the only banners i've seen on the board all day were "Yes on 8" banners.

A very vocal (and bigoted) minority. The No on 8 people were out at the Rise Against show on Saturday. They said there was an assembly on Sunday in West Hollywood.

I'm ridiculously anxious. I'm getting up and getting there as soon as the polls open at 7. If I'm not close to first in line I will have to wait until I get off work at 5...I'm hoping I can vote first thing otherwise I'm going to be antsy and anxious as fuck. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. After work and such, I'm going to bring my laptop to a restaurant or a coffee shop with a TV airing election coverage so I can watch (don't have television capabilities at my house) and do my homework....or in the very least following along online at home.

I have been extremely emotionally invested in this election. I'm either going to be crying tears of joy or have my heart broken.

There was a McCain rally in tampa yesterday and only 1500 people showed up, and obama's rally in the same place last week had 8,000 people, and Bush had 15,000 people in 2004 at the same place.

Joe Biden had a crowd of 4,500 at my school yesterday. And gainesville is like 1/20 the size of tampa. Hopefully the future is as bleak for McCain as it would appear.

Because I can:

Last call for the bloodsuckers, heaters, and parasites.

You're been relieved of duty, so let's call it a night.

You'd better sleep tight, and get your head right.

No more backdoor deals, it's not a fair fight.

You're beating plowshares into swords and taking your glad-handing bullshit on tour.

When those promises are broken we'll be scratching at your door,

And who needs D.C. when I’ve got D4?