Official Election Thread

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look forward to casting my vote tomorrow, but after that, I'm done with it. I don't want to see any results or anything until Wednesday. I hope to come to work on Wednesday not knowing and find out who won based on whether or not the die hard McCain fan I work with killed himself overnight.

i stood in line friday from 12 in the afternoon till 5:30pm. pretty nuts. the lady behind me was an absontee ballot voter and when she mailed hers off she called the voting office and they told her that her ballot was thrown out and could not tell her why but they said they could get her a new one in the mail. she said she waited till friday for it to show up and then had to go stand in line cuz she was scared it would not show up. anyway, we get to the front of the line and they told her she could not vote because they mailed out her new ballot that day. pretty rediculous, i would have went ape shit, im not going to lie.

^that is exactly what it felt like to me to. its crazy to think that one heavily white county over where my co-worker lives they had eight machines set up to vote and its in the middle of the country. he said he had no line what so ever. then over in my county where there were thousands of people in line with me, they had four machines and one broke down while we were there. these sorts of things usually come out after its all said and done though, once its to late.

in my county there were also only six places to vote, period. in another county over, where i actually live, there are two places to vote within five miles of each other and i havent seen one line at either one, just people going in and out. this is also a heavily white area. i may be jumping to conclusions but it just fits the mold with the last eight years voting wise.

There's a massive, sad disparity between the voting conditions in mainly WASP areas versus other areas from what I'm hearing. Make sure to let people know what's going on with this either via your local media outlet or if you're an Obama supporter via his peeps. Make sure everyone in the country knows about the horrible voting conditions or if you're turned away from a polling place. Whatever you do, don't go quietly.

I'm going to not watch TV all day, no radio or internet news. Then I'm going to go to work on wednesday, I only work with one other person at a farm, and then when I get home I'm going to look up who one the election. Then I'm going to be super excited because Obama kicked McCain's ass!