NBA Discussion

All i'm gonna say is... Danny "fucking" Green... One of the ugliest games i have seen in quite sometime from my spurs. But a wins a win, so i'll take it. Kobe was scary as shit, but putting Kawhi Leonard on him the last few minutes of the game was brilliant. Oh, the perks of having one of the all time greatest coaches...

congrats to the spurs for beating a laker team missing their starting and backup point guards (not to mention their head coach) by 2 points

and how 'bout them wolves? 5-2 missing their two best players and 3 or 4 other key players (barea, roy, budinger, pek).

Can't wait to have this team at full strength.

so glad to have Bynum in Philadelphia...

At least the T-Wolves, Mavs, and Bulls have similar problems right now. The only difference is their superstar has actually contributed to the team already. I want to buy tickets since they are so cheap right now, but they need to get their shit together. Thad and Jrue can't do it all. Dorrell needs to step up his game offensively (though he has done great on the other end), Nick Young needs to calm down with his shot, and there needs to be more consistency amongst the others (I'd like to see ET put up 15-8-5 on the regular). Though I have to say J-Rich has been a pleasant surprise.

a stat i saw today:

rondo put up 20 assists for the second time this season, making this the third straight year he's had multiple 20+ assist games. making him the first person to do that since john stockton from 91-93.

it's the first goddamn month of the season, and he's done it twice.

i know it's extremely early, but he's making a strong case to be an mvp contender.

At least the T-Wolves, Mavs, and Bulls have similar problems right now. The only difference is their superstar has actually contributed to the team already. I want to buy tickets since they are so cheap right now, but they need to get their shit together. Thad and Jrue can't do it all. Dorrell needs to step up his game offensively (though he has done great on the other end), Nick Young needs to calm down with his shot, and there needs to be more consistency amongst the others (I'd like to see ET put up 15-8-5 on the regular). Though I have to say J-Rich has been a pleasant surprise.

I have full season tickets.. definitely sucks for me financially when they pull this shit. I still cannot figure out why Royal Ivey was brought back. I like the flashes of solid play that can come with Hawes & Allen, and I think Allen will develop very nicely under Collins. Evan Turner needs to stop turning over the ball, gets so frustrating to watch.

I have full season tickets.. definitely sucks for me financially when they pull this shit. I still cannot figure out why Royal Ivey was brought back. I like the flashes of solid play that can come with Hawes & Allen, and I think Allen will develop very nicely under Collins. Evan Turner needs to stop turning over the ball, gets so frustrating to watch.

Yeah Lavoy has potential he just has to work a bit harder in the paint and getting back on D. Hawes was a monster in that first game against the Nuggets, I wish he could play like that every game haha. And Turner is an incredibly awkward ball handler. He really needs to learn to play off the ball because this isn't Ohio State anymore. But I don't think we should be as concerned with his turnovers as much as we should with Holiday. He has a league leading 5.2 turnovers a game. I think he is listening to the critics too much that he is a boring point guard that never tries any risky plays especially on the fast break. Last year the Sixers barely turned the ball over and now he is just giving it away on some plays.

a stat i saw today:

rondo put up 20 assists for the second time this season, making this the third straight year he's had multiple 20+ assist games. making him the first person to do that since john stockton from 91-93.

it's the first goddamn month of the season, and he's done it twice.

i know it's extremely early, but he's making a strong case to be an mvp contender.

He is making a very strong case. He does't even have Ray Allen to pass to anymore.

K Love in the line-up tonight? I like it! Hope he isn't coming back too soon though.

ugh, that game was a tale of two halves... I felt like we rode with malcolm lee a little too long in the 3rd quarter, but iggy is a little too big for any of our other guards. can we trade derrick williams for a 2-guard? I haven't given up on him yet, but if he's not going to play... at all... we might as well do something.

I'm sad that rondo's double-digit assist streak ended with an ejection in the first half. on the plus side, ricky rubio is cleared for practice, so I guess my "NBA point guard news" scale is balanced today

omg, Rajon Rondo. Ricky Rubio. my top two point guards are both RR's, and both have 5 letters in their first and last names... crazy

that fight was such a mess. rondo definitely overreacted, but really, all he did was shove humphries... the fact that it escalated and humphries dragged him into the crowd doesn't seem like enough to earn a suspension.

especially when wallace came out of no where and started attacking garnett who was nothing but a two time victim in the whole scene.