NBA Discussion

They're also devestated by injuries. But I still don't understand why they hired D'antoni, signed Kobe to such a ridiculous contract, or haven't traded Pau yet. They'll have a shit load of money this offseason though, as everyone except for Kobe, Nash, and Swaggy P comes off the books. Although I'm thinking Nash is done. They'd be in better shape had Stern not vetoed that Chris Paul deal.

NBA All Star starters were just announced...

EAST

Kyrie Irving, Dwyane Wade, Paul George, LeBron James, and Carmelo Anthony.

WEST

Stephen Curry, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, and Blake Griffin.

I can't believe Kobe got voted in to start, and I think Aldridge should start over Griffin, but that's just me. I'm guessing Wade probably won't play neither.

Either Aldridge or Dirk should be the starter over Griffin. Lillard should be the guard that replaces Kobe, and either Wall or Lowry should replace Wade. It boggles my mind that Wade is still considered an All-Star. Fan voting is a joke.

I agree. Wade has been playing part-time this year. You could also debate that Wall should have gotten it over Irving, but it's close. I just hope Pekovic gets voted as a reserve, because he deserves it. Afflalo should as well in the East.

I agree with you, but the NBA ALL Star game to me is more about popularity then who actually deserves it. Somehow Howard will be put on the team over Pekovic.

They're also devestated by injuries. But I still don't understand why they hired D'antoni, signed Kobe to such a ridiculous contract, or haven't traded Pau yet. They'll have a shit load of money this offseason though, as everyone except for Kobe, Nash, and Swaggy P comes off the books. Although I'm thinking Nash is done. They'd be in better shape had Stern not vetoed that Chris Paul deal.

Yea I expect Nash to retire this year. His body just all of a sudden up and failed him. And yea D'antoni... an "offensive genius" doesn't get rings, Buss should know it's all about that defense.

Either Aldridge or Dirk should be the starter over Griffin. Lillard should be the guard that replaces Kobe, and either Wall or Lowry should replace Wade. It boggles my mind that Wade is still considered an All-Star. Fan voting is a joke.

I'd like to see lance Stephenson start in place of dwade. He's earnt a spot for sure

I agree. Wade has been playing part-time this year. You could also debate that Wall should have gotten it over Irving, but it's close. I just hope Pekovic gets voted as a reserve, because he deserves it. Afflalo should as well in the East.

http://espn.go.com/nba/allstar2014/story/_/id/10360640/minnesota-timberwolves-stump-nikola-pekovic-make-all-star-team

Bruise-Bros-1.jpg

Haha, seen that. The Wolves media and PR team has been doing a great job with getting Love in, and now hopefully Pek. As much as he deserves it, I'm thinking he won't. There's too many bigs up for consideration, like Aldridge, Howard, Nowitzki, Cousins, Davis, etc. But you never know.

Does Melo end up in Chicago or Los Angeles? Which would be the best fit?

Carmelo will resign with the Knicks. If he opts out of his current contract he can resign with the Knicks for 5 years $127 million. If he signs with any other team the max he could get is 4 years $96 million.

Carmelo will resign with the Knicks. If he opts out of his current contract he can resign with the Knicks for 5 years $127 million. If he signs with any other team the max he could get is 4 years $96 million.

But then he'd be at the Knicks. If they get rid of the coach, jr smith, stoudamire and maybe one other deadweight I could see him resigning.

Though, I feel winning is more important to him now, than max contracts. And in that same breath, he has got to be the most selfish basketballer playing in the league today. So maybe he does stay