How long did you wait to vote?

hickey

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious. How many of you live in heavily African American populations? We had two machines for a part of town that has about 1,000 people in it, while my folks neighborhood (with 300 white people of means and one black guy who used to produce for Motown) had eight fucking machines. Needless to say the honkies weren't waiting in line.

I think I live in a 60/40 area w/ black people. We had 5 machines.

Showed up at 9, was in a booth by 9:05, was out by 9:30. Democracy rules.

After voting for 5 minutes and jerking it for another 5, what did you do in that booth for 15 minutes?

There were a shit-ton of issues on my precinct's ballot, as well as state and local elections.

Also, this rules:

[image]

usually a 2 and a half hour drive to my house took 4 today b/c the jeep was apparently low on coolant...that was fucking grand.

my parents had called me to tell me they waited over 3 hours earlier today

I only waited about 45 min. today once I got there

absentee balot never showed...quite a bummer to have to drive this far just to vote, but I'll be damned if my voice isn't heard

Went in right after work. My place was empty. The people working there were extremely nice and we talked about Henry Rollins for a while (I was wearing my WWHRD? shirt).

talked rollins? geezuz....everywhere I've been to vote, this year and previous years, (granted only 3 different places) have all been ran by the oldest most decrepit old people you could imagine.

Went in right after work. My place was empty. The people working there were extremely nice and we talked about Henry Rollins for a while (I was wearing my WWHRD? shirt).

talked rollins? geezuz....everywhere I've been to vote, this year and previous years, (granted only 3 different places) have all been ran by the oldest most decrepit old people you could imagine.

It was actually pretty interesting. The lady who asked me about my shirt looked about 50. Rollins is 47. She said that she used to go to Black Flag shows back in the 80s and stuff and would talk to him a bunch. We talked about the spoken word show he did on Sunday night too.

Guest genericinsight

I went in expecting to be there a while and I was in and done in not even 5 minutes.

I think it has to do with the fact that for some reason or another, when I registered to vote they placed me at a voting site not directly in my neighborhood but rather the next one over, so I'm slightly outside my district. There were long lines at the other district voting booths but not mine. Maybe because most of the people who live in my neighborhood all go to the other elementary school voting site.

That, or maybe because I went just before 5pm... or maybe because folks in my area just weren't voting. Either way, it wasn't long at all.