An idea regarding preorders and shipping charges

Just an idea I thought I would throw out there, not sure if it's possible in VC's current store setup.

Like most people I have a few different preorders waiting on vinyl coming in in the coming weeks/months. Would it be possible when checking out to give us the option to "ship this order with order ######" and then only pay the $3 shipping once? or maybe $1 for each additional order added?

Just a thought that might make everyone's lives a little easier and save some $ on our end and Virgil's.

Either way I will continue to send far too much of my money to Virgil.

I think these are good ideas, but the only problem is that the shipping is set up within each item and there isn't a way to bypass shipping in favor of a dollar charge. When we get requests, we do combine them and refund the additional shipping,b ut I have thought about charging a buck for each request as each request does take a little bit of time to tweak things in our store.

We are in the process of revamping the way we tag pre-orders in our store and that entire process, we will have some discussions on combined shipping.

the code we had to bypass shipping became a nightmare because a lot of people used it and we didn't catch it. Let me know think on it.

Yesterday, I received a $3 refund on shipping via Paypal because they combined two of my orders together. I didn't request this in any way, I have so many outstanding orders that I don't pay attention.

So it seems like they are already at least trying to do this when they can.

the VC crew did this for me too, cause they rock

Anything that makes shipping more difficult should be avoided. It would be nice if you had multiple orders for them to get combined automagically but I think anything beyond that may be asking too much.

It would be really nice if the store software let us, as users, do more with our orders and our order history. Something more tricked out could allow combination of orders.

yeah, Im the same, unless it's something where within two days of each other and none of them are PO's, combining is nice, otherwise, whatever, it's $3. I do wish when the email comes that says your order has shipped, it would mention what is actually shipping, rather than just one of the items. I always get paranoid as fuck that when my order shows up, it might be missing something, but by the time it gets here, there is none left in stock and I missed out...

Anything that makes shipping more difficult should be avoided. It would be nice if you had multiple orders for them to get combined automagically but I think anything beyond that may be asking too much.

It would be really nice if the store software let us, as users, do more with our orders and our order history. Something more tricked out could allow combination of orders.

I don't know if that's a typo or you meant it but that's an awesome word ;D.

I think the current system of just emailing in works ok although an automated system would be cool if it ran smoothly. I probably should work out the logistics of my VC orders I just went through my emails and I have 9 seperate orders I'm waiting on. I think the $1 charge for admin time would be fair too.