what were you listenin to during your car accident

couple years ago i got into a car accident. pretty bad. totaled my car. the other guy died. i was listening to Oh! Calcutta! it had only been out for about a month, but it was either "Beyond the Embarrassing Style" or "Are You There Margaret? It's Me, God" that was on. i didnt really touch that album for a month or two. not sure why, because i fucking love that album.

what were listening to when you got into a car accident?

couple years ago i got into a car accident. pretty bad. totaled my car. the other guy died. i was listening to Oh! Calcutta! it had only been out for about a month, but it was either "Beyond the Embarrassing Style" or "Are You There Margaret? It's Me, God" that was on. i didnt really touch that album for a month or two. not sure why, because i fucking love that album.

Was it his fault, or yours?

I've never been in an accident. Now that I'm posting this, though, expect a story tomorrow.

Never been listening to music when it's happened, but I drove 50 miles to pick up my girlfriend in a insane thunder storm that flooded our interstate while listening to "Understanding in a Car Crash' once. That was fucking terrifying but i didn't want to take my hands off the wheel long enough to turn it off.

I got hit by a car riding my bicycle a couple months back. Driver's fault. I was listening to Fear Before - My (Fucking) Dear Hunter. Still love the song. Still love the record. The only car accident I've been in was also the other person's fault. I was listening to Radiohead - Everything In Its Right Place.

a buddy of mine got into 2 accidents while listening to the same Bad Luck 13 cd. Pretty crazy, he chucked the cd out the window after the 2nd.

I got into an accident while listening to Mest - Until I Met You

will never listen to it again while driving (not to mention it's not a good song)

Was it his fault, or yours?

I've never been in an accident. Now that I'm posting this, though, expect a story tomorrow.

his fault. at the time, i had only been driving for a couple of months, so i was super careful with checking mirrors and all that bullshit. i looked in my rear view and i see a dodge ram swerving side to side, hitting the curbs and shit. i think to myself "probably some kids just messing with me." so i slow down and pull over. next thing i know he hits me and pushes my car about ten or fifteen feet forward. he hits a fence posts, lands on the roof, and lands rightside up on a parked pickup truck. i guess the roof of his truck smashed his head in. turns out that he was diabetic and the DMV had actually already taken his license away due to previous episodes of whatever due to his diabetes, but his daughter wrote a letter to them and got them to give it back to him. it was a sunday and he was wearing a suit. probably came from church. pretty sad.

@ sir folumbus: haha, it is a serious thread. i've grown to become more cavalier about the incident as time has passed. so whatevs. you can take it however you want. haha.

during one of my accidents The Black Keys "Rubber Factory" as it was new at the time

another I was listening to As I Lay Dying "Shadows are Security"

both could have been quite a bit worse than they were. i definitely didn't listen to either records for a while after each accident

When I was 16, I got hit by a drunk driver while listening to Where Are We Going To? by I Voted for Kodos. I got a ticket because I was driving after 9 with a juniors license. It was pretty irritating.

And then just this summer I hit a deer at like two in the morning while listening to BTMI's 493 Ruth. I was singing and fist pumping and doing others things I shouldn't have been doing while going 65 down the highway in the dead of night.

I got rear ended by a Ford F-150 into my lil' ol Corolla on I-95 in Virginia while listening to Days Like These's "Inventure." Fairly appropriate title.

On a related note, the last thing I listed to in a car of mine that got stolen was Killswitch Engage's "Alive or Just Breathing." As pissed as I was about having my car stolen, I was really mad about leaving the KSE CD in the stereo.