Possible Favorite Vinyl Release of 2008

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure people are gonna rip me a new asshole for this one...

Underoath's deluxe package for "Lost In The Sound of Separation" is fucking incredible...I don't care what you think of the band or their music...really really really well done...pricey as fuck, the wait was incredibly long, but very very well put together package

I'm sure people are gonna rip me a new asshole for this one...

Underoath's deluxe package for "Lost In The Sound of Separation" is fucking incredible...I don't care what you think of the band or their music...really really really well done...pricey as fuck, the wait was incredibly long, but very very well put together package

awesome, did you get yours? do you have any photos or anything? im still waiting for mine, says its not shipping til 11/25

If it would have actually come out this year (or last) like it was supposed to: None More Black-This is Satire

All else, hands down Baroness-Red Album.

Box sets are too easy to do way over the top, I mean you got a box to put it all in. Baroness was just one bad ass album, no extras, just amazing packaging.

in response to whomever above, I don't have pics of the Underoath Box Set. and yes, Boxsets are too easy for it too be really nice, but it is a really really nice package

for just a regular album though, that Baroness package is really really gorgeous...not a fan of their music (yeah yeah yeah, I know, sorry I just don't dig it) but that packaging is really really really nice

Guest noeffinidea
Shai Hulud - Misanthropy Pure LP

Glad to see someone mentioned this. Not my favorite release by far, however, this is hands down the coolest artwork Shai Hulud has had on one of their albums and the layout was done very nicely as well. Hell, it was just awesome getting a new album from these guys period.

Anyway, my faves:

Packaging

Torche - Meanderthal

Earth - The Bees Made Honey...

Polvo - Celebrate the New Dark Age (hands down one of THE nicest packages I've seen for this reissue; amazing screened and letterpressed cover)

Mission Of Burma reissues (pricey, but 2x 180 gram wax and each one came with a 11"x11" book and DVD)

Music-wise

Mission of Burma reissues (Signals, Calls, and Marches; VS.; and The Horrible Truth About Burma)

The Shaking Hands - S/T

Glass and Ashes - S/T

SUNN O))) - Domkirke

Guest noeffinidea

OK, musically Gaslight is definitely awesome. But c'mon, out of all the packages that have come out this year, there is absolutely nothing special at all about the '59 Sound's packaging...although not a gatefold, Sink or Swim's artwork and layout are worlds better.