Bands you want to get into but can't.

pibbals

Has this happened to anyone else? I really want to get into The Honor System. I own both albums and the 10" but I just can't get into it.

Also, Moral Crux and Husker Du(though I've listened to New Day Rising once or twice, and nothing else. I just wasn't feeling it.) and Dead To Me barely got my attention when I spun my orange Little Brother.

For some of them maybe it's just a matter of time. Or lack of exposure. For example, I honestly couldn't listen to Fuel For The Hate Game front to back until I listened to Kid Dynamite for the first time. Kid Dynamite blew my mind and then everything made sense with Fuel.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it took me some time to get into converge when i first heard jane doe i dug a few tracks off of it but i threw it on one day while i was cleaning my room and i fucking loved it

it took me some time to get into converge when i first heard jane doe i dug a few tracks off of it but i threw it on one day while i was cleaning my room and i fucking loved it

That's how I am with alot of bands, I don't see what the big deal is at first and I'll kind of forget about them then one day I'll just put it on and love it. But I've tried off and on for like 2-3 years with Converge with numerous cds and it's just not happening.

why would you wish you would like a band?

you either like them or you don't.

I like bands that members of The Honor System have been in, for example. Or bands that you fucking love say they're majorly influenced by(Husker Du).

Things like that.

And yeah, every time I've listened to Husker Du, I just don't get caught by anything. Celebrated Summer is catchy but I'm never hit with anything else, nothing ever sticks with me.

The Ergs!

I try so much, but something doesn't click. I continue buying their shit in hopes that I'll really like it, as from everything I've ever heard, I should love them.

I was like this for a long time. I didn't see what the big deal was and then I just listened to it again one day and it just like clicked. I love them now.

Converge, Gaslight Anthem, Bjork, Kanye West, No Age, Crystal Castles, the list goes on and on. I don't necessarily want to get into these bands so much as I see they have a huge following and lots of critical acclaim and I don't want to feel stupid if I don't get into it. But a lot of it either doesn't do anything special for me (Converge, Kanye) or just annoys the crap out of me (Gaslight is a bad Bruce Springsteen, you guys. I don't get it). Some bands I did eventually get into just by forcing myself to keep listening, like Battles for instance. I hated their album the first few times I went through it, now it's one of my favorites. Also, Bomb The Music Industry just made me angry for the first few times until one day I was playing To Live Or Die In Long Island and it clicked.

Converge, Gaslight Anthem, Bjork, Kanye West, No Age, Crystal Castles, the list goes on and on. I don't necessarily want to get into these bands so much as I see they have a huge following and lots of critical acclaim and I don't want to feel stupid if I don't get into it. But a lot of it either doesn't do anything special for me (Converge, Kanye) or just annoys the crap out of me (Gaslight is a bad Bruce Springsteen, you guys. I don't get it). Some bands I did eventually get into just by forcing myself to keep listening, like Battles for instance. I hated their album the first few times I went through it, now it's one of my favorites. Also, Bomb The Music Industry just made me angry for the first few times until one day I was playing To Live Or Die In Long Island and it clicked.

no age is another. They get praised so much, but to me it just sounds like someone playing with their effects and then the drummer smashing his ride cymbal over it. I dont get what i'm "missing".

im gonna get some shit for this but Reinventing Axl Rose, i just think the eternal cowboy is far supperior

I felt this way for a long time actually. The other day I just sat down with a lyric sheet and other than The Politics Of Starving I loved it.

As The Eternal Cowboy is still very close.

you might want to start with waiter;you vultures it's not realy like their newer material and honestly i wish they'd go back to that sound they are starting to mimic kay kay a bit to much now

you might want to start with waiter;you vultures it's not realy like their newer material and honestly i wish they'd go back to that sound they are starting to mimic kay kay a bit to much now

I felt that way when Church Mouth came out but man I love Censored Colors. I can't decide if I want them to go back or not.

when the nationals 'boxer' came out and got so much hype, i really tried to like it, but didnt. it wasnt until i checked out 'alligator' that i really got into them. alligator is so good, and now i enjoy boxer also. one that i still cannot get into is radiohead. i guess i am not smart enough, but i just dont enjoy it.