Bands you want to get into but can't.

pibbals

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres at least a dozen if I give it a long thought but I got 4 hours of sleep last night. First one that comes to mind is Wolf Parade, I just can't get past the vocals. Cant say I want to get into them, but I really dislike Say Anything, I just don't understand whats good about that band at all.
I could understand Say Anything's In defence of the Genre but have you sat down & listend to is/was a real boy?

its a fucking classic

i've had bear vs shark's terrorhawk since in came out & for the longest time i just couldnt get past the vocals, now for the past 7or 8 months i've fell in love with it

You should like the Minutemen solely for "Corona." Sure, now it's the Jackass theme, but the guitars are awesome. Then you can listen to Dead Milkmen

I try once a year to really get into Texas Is the Reason, Slint, Hum, and June of '44 but can't quite do it. Though "Jack With One Eye" is pretty stellar.

I love Husker Du, but I also understand why they wouldn't click with people.

I do not understand how people on this board wouldn't get into Jawbreaker and/or Fugazi.

I can't get into the Hold Steady. I realize that they're a good band, but there's something about the vocals that I can't handle.

I also don't get the recent influx of country/singer-songwriter/americana/whatever bands. Just not my thing, I guess.

you might want to start with waiter;you vultures it's not realy like their newer material and honestly i wish they'd go back to that sound they are starting to mimic kay kay a bit to much now

Whilst I love censored colors to bits, I really want there next album to be more like Church Mouth, I think if they went all the way back to Vultures they'd get ridiculed for tryin to get into the elctro-indie scene that is way to over populated, even though they did it first and best

BRIGHT EYES.

i dont get it. what do people see in this band?

Its an acquired taste but its the older stuff that gets some and the new stuff that gets others. Have you listened to Fevers & Mirrors or I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning?

ive heard probably all of their albums over the years. i cant get any of it.