VC 7" of the month club???

How cool would this be? Every other one I have seen has been hugely successful. I think it could work three ways. From best to worst:

1. People on this board vote on bands they want to contribute, who would then make original records or special pressings of existing ones.

2. VC staff would choose the bands to contribute, who would then make original records or special pressings of existing ones.

3. VC staff could pick quality records from bands they like that are relatively unknown (so people aren't likely to get records they already have)

3 is probably doable. 1 and 2 are probably pipe dreams. It should happen!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am working on a split 7" series and also a 7" series with a few different bands. I plan to mention something new, but there are some really great bands involved.

I also have been toying around the idea of a side label comprised of everyone on the message board where we all pick bands and releases that might not normally come out on vinyl because the band isn't big. The records would be great records by smaller bands and having it funded by all of you would help these records see the light of day.

I have a bunch of other ideas, but you can chew onthat for a bit.

I think we should get some Chuck Ragan, Limbeck, Look Mexico, Weakerthans, Minus The Bear, Portugal. The Man, Russian Circles, The Playing Favorites, Maritime, The New Amsterdams, and maybe even some Bloc Party? I'm pretty sure I would fall in love with a line-up like that.

Plus lots of others, of course.

I also have been toying around the idea of a side label comprised of everyone on the message board where we all pick bands and releases that might not normally come out on vinyl because the band isn't big. The records would be great records by smaller bands and having it funded by all of you would help these records see the light of day.

That sounds like a very good idea.

Thursday/Every Time I Die

Minus the Bear/Circa Survive

Weatherbox/These Arms are Snakes

A boy can dream

I'd rather see a Minus The Bear/These Arms Are Snakes split 7".

i am working on a split 7" series and also a 7" series with a few different bands. I plan to mention something new, but there are some really great bands involved.

Hey Virgil, whatever you decide to do, my band would love to participate if you'd give us a shot.

Virgil, that idea dominates.

genious ideas!!...i would fund to see the honor system single file pressed and many mnay more!!!.....seriosuly, awesome ideas....having a voting system and getting everone together to get vinyl pressed...awesome idea