VC 7" of the month club???

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not just wait for Virgil to explain what he plans on doing with the series?

And I don't see how voting would necessarily work. If it's a bunch of bands you get to choose from, what if the winning band doesn't want their music pressed through here? And wouldn't they just be old songs rereleased? I'd imagine everything has to be worked out pretty far in advance. I'd rather Virgil just pick the bands himself.

well what i meant with the voting was that the list of bands we chose from were bands that were interested. Of course you wouldnt just put bands up there with hope that they agree to it. But, regarding your first statement, the final say IS up to Virgil and it should be interesting to see where he takes this

How about AM! - Wagon Wheel, with a B side of one of the songs that leaked early for Clarity but didn't go anywhere?

Those two songs were eventually released on the comp Remember Your Roots.

Wagon Wheel was released on the Protect: A Benefit for the NAPC. Unless they renamed it and rereleased it on Remember Your Roots.

how about vinyl collective puts out a 12" comp of people from on here with bands who couldn't normally afford to put out vinyl ourselves. make it a true collective effort...each band maybe contribute something like $200 and get a fair share of copies. slap vinyl collective on the front and promote the site/msg board/community and our own music at the same time. i dunno just an idea... heck if there would be people interested in this i would put it together and do the work myself if i had to.

how about vinyl collective puts out a 12" comp of people from on here with bands who couldn't normally afford to put out vinyl ourselves. make it a true collective effort...each band maybe contribute something like $200 and get a fair share of copies. slap vinyl collective on the front and promote the site/msg board/community and our own music at the same time. i dunno just an idea... heck if there would be people interested in this i would put it together and do the work myself if i had to.

I'm pretty positive my band would want to participate.

That is a pretty rad idea! I would have to see if the rest of my band would be into it.

this is an awesome idea. i know for sure my band would love to do this.

this is actually are really awesome idea. our recordings wont be done for another few weeks. but i am sure nate would be down.

are there enough people with bands on here where we could make this happen??? I am sure there are people on here that may be willing to contribute with artwork / screen printing jackets to help off set the cost??

this is actually are really awesome idea. our recordings wont be done for another few weeks. but i am sure nate would be down.

are there enough people with bands on here where we could make this happen??? I am sure there are people on here that may be willing to contribute with artwork / screen printing jackets to help off set the cost??

i think there is definitely enough people to contribute a song or two. my band is just finishing up recording for a 7" and we could either us one of those songs or record a new one.

I'm not in a band, but I could contribute an acoustic Queers or Lillingtons cover. (I only mean this only semi-seriously. I've never played outside my bedroom)

Wagon Wheel was released on the Protect: A Benefit for the NAPC. Unless they renamed it and rereleased it on Remember Your Roots.

I was talking about the two songs from the SFAFC demo, Clap Clap and Take Aim.

those will probably never be released, i talked to jordan awhile back, and he said those songs were never meant to be released, and most likely never would be officially released.