Bill Groundhog Day, Ghostbustin' Ass Murray

I heard a story the other day about how he used to follow people through Union Square Park in the wee hours of the morning, sneak up behind them, and put his hands over their eyes.

Then, when they'd turn around -- freaked out -- to see who it was, he'd say, "No one's going to believe you." Then he'd just walk away.

Fucking. Awesome.

I heard a story the other day about how he used to follow people through Union Square Park in the wee hours of the morning, sneak up behind them, and put his hands over their eyes.

Then, when they'd turn around -- freaked out -- to see who it was, he'd say, "No one's going to believe you." Then he'd just walk away.

Fucking. Awesome.

ha ha dude that fucking rules and is genius

ive always wanted to meet him.

i think i would lose it

seconded.

Fucking. Awesome.

that is awesome.

Fucking. Awesome.

ha ha dude that fucking rules and is genius

did i miss something or was that was included in the article?

I have a great Bill Murray story.

In the spring of 2007, my friend put on a show that did less than 20 people at this bar/venue called Howlin' Wolf in the downtown part of New Orleans. I was standing outside with a group of friends when this car pulled up in front of the venue and 3 doors opened. It ended up being Bill Murray and and some old married couple.

They are saying good-bye to Bill and stand around the car for about 10 minutes. All the while, my friend is anxious to meet Bill and stupidly walks next to Bill and his friends and stands there awkwardly. After about 3 minutes, Bill looks at him and yells "Can't you wait a fuckin minute?!". My friend then turned around and walked back towards us.

Bill comes over to us yelling "HEY FATSO!". He basically scolds my friend for 5 minutes and then him and my other friend get into it with Bill and they start yelling back and forth about stupid shit. Bill

s yelling "FUCKING HIT ME, IF YOU WANT TO", etc etc etc, the whole time.

After about 20 minutes, they somehow work the bullshit out and became slightly friendly towards each other. They walk back towards me and about 3 other people and Bill goes "I'm BUYING DRINKS". My roommate and I were sitting on our friends truck when Bill walked up to us and said "Let's get drunk" haha.

My promoter told the owner that Bill was there so he got the bar free and Bill was walking around handing drinks to the few other people in the bar area, it was so awesome.

What I never understood was they dropped him off in front of the venue which is about 5 blocks from the hotel he was staying at. They could have easily gone to the hotel to drop him off. We have most of the fighting on cell phone video but it's not youtube worthy. I'm still surprised no one threw a punch and the fact that barely anyone saw it made it incredible.