VC DATELESS LOSERS CLUB (HAPPY JASON?)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Most of the guys I end up really taking a shine to are usually as shy as me and I won't say anything and they won't say anything and we end up at a stalemate and those opportunities become completely missed. Bleh.

this is a problem i've had in the past as well, as much as i want to say the words, sometimes i just am not able to.

I'm 22 and have never had a date, never kissed a girl, never did a lot of things. Thinking about it depresses me a little, but I'm pretty good at keeping it out of my mind.

If I had to analyze myself I'd say it's probably because I'm picky. I hate to typecast people but most of the girls in my life are too right of center for me. They are nice, but buy $200 purses, watch reality shows and MTV, listen to club rap, and so on. I'm always looking for a thrift store girl with a Lawrence Arms record collection, but they are really rare. It doesn't help that I'm pretty quiet and the guy to girl ratio in classes in my degree field is usually 9 to 1.

i understand this as well, i always say i want to meet a girl with similar interests as me, people tell me that it's good if you're different so it doesn't get boring but i want to be with someone i have things in common with. this one girl i hung out with a couple of times in the past month actually had this, she actually liked Do Make Say Think (one of my absolute favourite bands) but i didn't make a move that first night and throw it out there and now she's given me the run around it seems. so i think i might have missed my chance on that one.

anyways, yes i am part of this group. my friends say it's good for me since i just ended a four year relationship 6 months ago and i need to experience being single, but it just gets lonely sometimes.

I can see pickiness being bad if you turn down an opportunity for something trivial or something, but I'm only picky where it counts.

isn't that the definition of picky?

There's a difference

I'm picky in the sense that I want a guy who is into stuff that I'm into, is over all a decent person and I'm not willing to just settle on any guy who is remotely interested in me which is usually assholes or someone with no common interests.

Then there's trivial picky where you don't want to date someone because of what they wear or solely on appearance.

That's what I was getting at. I don't explain myself correctly sometimes.

shoot, it seems a problem for a lot of people is being picky. i'm one of the guys who girls just walk by and pay no mind to. i don't know how to meet people, as i've been pretty sheltered my whole life. school from K-12 was small. so everybody knew everybody. i got to college, and i had a girlfriend from high school, so i while i met some folks, and was exicted about it, i wasn't particularly looking for any girls to date or whatever. but since that enthusiasm of getting out there has worn off and since my evil ex-girlfriend decided to metaphorically shit on my life, i've just become kind of a shy hermit. that's where i'm at right now. haha.

Its eerie how much of this matches up to my life..

shoot, it seems a problem for a lot of people is being picky. i'm one of the guys who girls just walk by and pay no mind to. i don't know how to meet people, as i've been pretty sheltered my whole life. school from K-12 was small. so everybody knew everybody. i got to college, and i had a girlfriend from high school, so i while i met some folks, and was exicted about it, i wasn't particularly looking for any girls to date or whatever. but since that enthusiasm of getting out there has worn off and since my evil ex-girlfriend decided to metaphorically shit on my life, i've just become kind of a shy hermit. that's where i'm at right now. haha.

Its eerie how much of this matches up to my life..

you guys should date.. .then you'd have no need to be on this thread..

just kidding.

I hate to typecast people but most of the girls in my life are too right of center for me.

agreed. its hard to find girls that aren't like this. and to be honest when you do find them its just as hard to win them over. I mean thats the whole object right? to win someone over that you're really interested in. but fuck it could be a little easier :-*

*sigh* joined, haven't really had a girlfriend, i am just too shy to tell people i like them. the last time i finally worked up the courage to tell this girl how much i liked her i got the "i just like you as a friend" line so i dont think i will be leaving the club anytime soon

*sung in a Mike Ness voice* Story of my life...

i'll say this. girls that seem into me aren't really the type that i go for. they're normally super shy and i have never seen them talk or smile or laugh at all. all the girls that i am into are outgoing and flashy and all, but i am too shy to put myself out there for that to make them seem into me.

i don't have a girl in mind any more, anyway, but if i felt like i should meet somebody right now, i'd say fuck it. i'd just be afraid that once they got to know me, i wouldn't meet their expectations and i'd sacrifice being interesting for being polite.

*sigh* joined, haven't really had a girlfriend, i am just too shy to tell people i like them. the last time i finally worked up the courage to tell this girl how much i liked her i got the "i just like you as a friend" line so i dont think i will be leaving the club anytime soon

yah you pretty much have to completely give up/not care about your pride for these things to work. as soon as rejection isn't a big deal then you won't have a problem ( i should practice what i preach )

*sung in a Mike Ness voice* Story of my life...

ahaha..

one of us really needs to go on THE PICKUP ARTIST at least for shits and giggles.

Guest xsteponmex
ex gf just told me shes been talking to somebody else...bummed out.
yeah not fun. i thought i was over my ex until i found out something like that and got upset. hmmmm

Guest xsteponmex
i just miss cuddling and watching movies.

thats good stuff right there.

same.

listen to records/cuddle

watch movies/cuddle

someone to wash my hair in the shower. ha that was my favorite.

and i want someone awesome to go camping with in the spring

>:(