VC DATELESS LOSERS CLUB (HAPPY JASON?)

^^^^mike, us nice guys finish last, it's the bane of our existence.

I'm going about 8-9 months since my last serious relationship. a few of you all here on the board probably know how bad that fucked me up.

I submit my membership if ya'll will accept. however, I might be hanging out w/ a girl in a few. so that might jinx the pan. I'm still pretty miserable, I feel like every time I get even remotely close to a girl I have to submit to the emotional chaos that ensues.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^mike, us nice guys finish last, it's the bane of our existence.

I'm going about 8-9 months since my last serious relationship. a few of you all here on the board probably know how bad that fucked me up.

I submit my membership if ya'll will accept. however, I might be hanging out w/ a girl in a few. so that might jinx the pan. I'm still pretty miserable, I feel like every time I get even remotely close to a girl I have to submit to the emotional chaos that ensues.

well if it works out, hopefully she has single friends near my age that are not nuts like the one we met at benders that night who had the smoking body and the intellect of a tree stump.

4 years here. not one date. I'm a pretty jaded fuck. I tend to analyze people and am aware of their idiosyncratic behavior. So I tend to meet people and walk away rather quickly. I'm also a bit dejected.

Mike...you and I are kindred spirits bro...that is me down to a T...fuuuuuuuck.

I bet 75% of the people who blame being single on being picky would jump all over the first female who even glanced in their direction.

i wouldn't. i have proved myself many times.. a few of my female coworkers have even flirted with me, grabbed my ass, etc, and i have yet to go along with it... these girls do this, not because they're interested, but because they like the attention. I don't give in, therefore they try harder, and i still don't give in.

i'm waiting out for a blowjob.

jk

I bet 75% of the people who blame being single on being picky would jump all over the first female who even glanced in their direction.

... a few of my female coworkers have even flirted with me, grabbed my ass, etc, and i have yet to go along with it...

Brother- you gotta file a claim, sue that company, make some money off them in an out of court settlement, and retire.

Then you can buy all the ladies you can handle. (you probably shouldn't try handling more than 4 at a time for heath reasons.)

... a few of my female coworkers have even flirted with me, grabbed my ass, etc, and i have yet to go along with it...

Brother- you gotta file a claim, sue that company, make some money off them in an out of court settlement, and retire.

Then you can buy all the ladies you can handle. (you probably shouldn't try handling more than 4 at a time for heath reasons.)

na, it's a locally owned business. and like the owners. so i dont say anything. these girls are harmless. so i don't bother. it's not worth it.. as it doesnt happen daily..

I'd probably have to classify myself as picky as well. I've had opportunities to have a relationship, hook up, etc especially when I lived in the dorms, but all of those guys just ended up being boring or assholes.

Right now my roommate likes to drop subtle hints about how I should get with his one friend of his I met at a Halloween party. Ehhhhhhh......... The kid is extremely nice and smart, but I honest to goodness couldn't be anything more than a friend. Basically if I think I could beat a dude in a fight (and I totally think I could beat this guy in a fight without even kicking him in the balls...and I'm a total sissy to begin with) I really don't think he's someone I want to get with.

Most of the guys I end up really taking a shine to are usually as shy as me and I won't say anything and they won't say anything and we end up at a stalemate and those opportunities become completely missed. Bleh.

I'd probably have to classify myself as picky as well. I've had opportunities to have a relationship, hook up, etc especially when I lived in the dorms, but all of those guys just ended up being boring or assholes.

Right now my roommate likes to drop subtle hints about how I should get with his one friend of his I met at a Halloween party. Ehhhhhhh......... The kid is extremely nice and smart, but I honest to goodness couldn't be anything more than a friend. Basically if I think I could beat a dude in a fight (and I totally think I could beat this guy in a fight without even kicking him in the balls...and I'm a total sissy to begin with) I really don't think he's someone I want to get with.

Most of the guys I end up really taking a shine to are usually as shy as me and I won't say anything and they won't say anything and we end up at a stalemate and those opportunities become completely missed. Bleh.

i use to be shy...then i started just dropping hints and if a female bit, she bit... lately i've been a bit blind by my jadedness that i just don't realize someone is interested until it's too late or until someone has made note... then by that time i just shrug my shoulders and go along with whatever im doing at the time..

*sigh* joined, haven't really had a girlfriend, i am just too shy to tell people i like them. the last time i finally worked up the courage to tell this girl how much i liked her i got the "i just like you as a friend" line so i dont think i will be leaving the club anytime soon

Ouch...

my suggestion is if you can find some girl or boy but s/he react like you're nerd for collecting records, you should make an issue for explain why you like and how you became the collector.

if s/he still doesn't understand, looking for someone who respect in what you like.

i'm so lucky which my girlfriend very understand in what i like....

:)

And what the heck does that have to do with all the tea in china? Seriously? This is why people are single because they make-up reasons why people aren't good enough/right for them. Not picking on you particularly but readin through you see people call themselves picky. I think picky just means they're too afraid to get involved without getting certain assurances to start with, which can never happen.

You want a nice guy? Well most "nice guys" aren't good fighters or particularly macho. That's why you think they're a nice guy.

I'm just saying, in general, take marginal opportunities you wouldn't think would become something. You'd be surprised how often that works out to something.

coming up on 5 years without a real relatonship.

about 2 years since i made out with the crazy chick who joined the carnival 4 months later.

See, i'm picky, but its mainly because i want an intelligent woman, i want to have long rambly conversations about random stuff. Also. all of my girlfriends have been art majors or library science majors.

Hooray. Ten bucks says my next girlfriend will be an art major too.

Thanks for the advice but I don't think my post came through right. Most girls think it's pretty cool I collect records. I was just trying to comment on how hard it is to find girls with similar interests as me. Sometimes it makes me want to put on a collared shirt, some doc martens, and go dance to techno music with glow sticks.

in my opinion, that's pretty good thing....

:)

And what the heck does that have to do with all the tea in china? Seriously? This is why people are single because they make-up reasons why people aren't good enough/right for them. Not picking on you particularly but readin through you see people call themselves picky. I think picky just means they're too afraid to get involved without getting certain assurances to start with, which can never happen.

You want a nice guy? Well most "nice guys" aren't good fighters or particularly macho. That's why you think they're a nice guy.

I'm just saying, in general, take marginal opportunities you wouldn't think would become something. You'd be surprised how often that works out to something.

I probably should have clarified more. I'm not into macho dudes. I actually like my guys quite stringy. There is such thing as being too nice and having people constantly walk all over you all the time. It's not so much that I want a guy who is a good fighter...I made the fight comment because I am the worst fighter ever so if I could beat a dude in a fight without kicking him in the balls that's really saying something.

I should have mentioned more reasons why I'm not into the guy. We really don't have anything in common aside from the fact that we're both kind of socially awkward and we like a couple of the same tv shows. I don't expect a guy to have EVERYTHING in common with me, But some things are really important to me. The guy's not really into music at all, doesn't really get record collecting, we don't really have the same sense of humor at all, and isn't really that into art. Music's a big part of my life, going to shows is one of my favorite things in the world to do. I'd love a guy that I could share that with. Same with art. I honestly did think long and hard about giving the guy a chance and I just can't do it. I mean yeah, I could just settle, but that would be leading him on, wasting his time, wasting my time.

And I also was told I remind him a lot of his ex. I DO NOT find that flattering in the least....nor do I need to deal with that.

shoot, it seems a problem for a lot of people is being picky. i'm one of the guys who girls just walk by and pay no mind to. i don't know how to meet people, as i've been pretty sheltered my whole life. school from K-12 was small. so everybody knew everybody. i got to college, and i had a girlfriend from high school, so i while i met some folks, and was exicted about it, i wasn't particularly looking for any girls to date or whatever. but since that enthusiasm of getting out there has worn off and since my evil ex-girlfriend decided to metaphorically shit on my life, i've just become kind of a shy hermit. that's where i'm at right now. haha.

To be honest though, I really don't see my pickiness as being a bad thing. I think it's smart. If you're going to be in any sort of meaningful relationship, why settle? I think that's just wasting a lot of time and energy for both parties involved. Relationships can be stressful. I have enough stress with work and school so if I'm going to add the stress of a relationship I want it to be something worthwhile and worth that energy, time, and stress.

I can see pickiness being bad if you turn down an opportunity for something trivial or something, but I'm only picky where it counts.