PO: Thrice "Alchemy Index" 4x10" box set

http://www.merchlackey.com/vagrant/item_detail.php?productID=4097&clientID=318

THRICE will at long last be releasing the complete Alchemy Index on vinyl on February 17, 2009. A limited edition of only 3000 numbered copies will be manufactured of this long-awaited collectors package.

The Alchemy Index is a two-volume collection comprised of four EPs, each devoted to one of the essential elements in nature—fire, water, air and earth—with each EP sonically and thematically tailored to evoke the atmosphere inherent in its corresponding element.

Each of the 4 EP’s will be pressed on 10” colored vinyl -the Fire EP is red, Water is blue, Earth is brown and Air is on clear vinyl. The discs will be inside a hand-bound hardcover book complete with lyrics, liner notes and commentary from the band. When these 3000 copies sell out, the records will never be made available again in such elaborate packaging.

A pre-order is now running online at the Vagrant store (http://store.vagrant.com).

Copies will start shipping at the end of January and early February to fans who order online. The vinyl will be in stores on or around February 17. To fans that previously ordered the package through Vinyl Collective, those copies will also ship at the end of January and early February.

"the records will never be made available again in such elaborate packaging."

...so after they release this version are they going to press 10,000 on black records in plain white sleeves?

i am glad that this is finally coming along though!

Nah, I would imagine if they sell through these quick enough it'll most likely be pressed as a 2xlp or something.

glad to see VC's copies will be shipping with preorder copies. excited to see a date, even if it is a month away.

I too am glad to have this release behind us. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

I think they bumped the number to 3,000 cause they saw that interpunk and VC had sold a decent amount of them.