What is the most you have dished out for a record?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the original thread on this...and my post from it...

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=14520&page=8

- $214.99 ppd for Boris "Smile" Diwphalanx press /500 (one of the first few copies sold on ebay)

- $210.99 ppd for Boris "Vein" (both versions)

- $120.99 ppd for Boris "Smile" Diwphalanx press /500 (still sealed...had to bring my average cost down, as my first copy was the first time I ever spent so much on a record, let alone a NEW one... ::))

- $101.00 ppd for Boris "Dronevil" on black...a little too much, but hey, it happens.

Also:

- $154.99 ppd for Sigur Ros 7xLP box set

...and the moral of the story...damn you Boris!!

"$100 for Cap'n Jazz's Burritos, inspiration point, fork balloon sports, cards in the spokes, automatic biographies, kites, kung fu, trophies, banana[AKA Shmap'n Shmazz] at a local used shop last year."

Though it could be the nada surf box set or sigur ros boxset tomorrow...I really need to control my spending habits.

$532 ppd for AFI - Dork

$250 ppd for AFI - Behind The Times EP

$215 ppd for No Use For A Name - Hard Rock Bottom on grey vinyl

$190 ppd for AFI - Answer That And Stay Fashionable Wingnut Records tour pressing on red vinyl

And I ended up paying around $240 together for the AFI 5xLP Boxset that I got for $140 ppd because the customs fucked me over.

I paid $450 for this one

[image]

And $150 for this one

[image]

And I also bought a few other NOFX for $90-$100 a piece.

But everytime I bought an expensive record, I sold some of my other records to finance it! The wife would kill me if I was to spend that much of "our" money on a piece of plastic! haha

My post from that original thread also:

Not sure of the ecaxt amounts...

2 Minus the Bear - Planet of Ice test press & Interpretacions del Oso test press...for a combined total of $600+

There is a single record that I've paid about $400 for...won't say what it is as it may be too obscure...or maybe not...Heather Frith (Nova) These Walls ep