records you got on a whim

I think we've all done it at one point or another. you see a good deal on a record by a band you've never heard or see one by a band you've heard alot about, so you buy it and figure if it sucks, there's always e-bay. Who was it and what did you think when you heard it?

I've done it a few times with mixed results. I'll admit, I never listened to Hot Water Music until I started coming on here and seeing a bunch of hype about them. I was in a record store one day and found A Flight and a Crash for 10 bucks and picked it up and I'm glad i did.

IF I'm doing an order and the site has a couple of records for a few quid on sale I usually just chuck them in my basket as it were. Done this a few times, I've bought;

Red Harvest - Internal Punishment Programs 2xRed LP for £2:

This one is absolute shit, not only is the music fucking disturbing (stuff about satantical worship and all that) but the sleeve is a thin as paper, it's not even a gatefold and the LP's themselves are like the wstquaity pessngs ever

October File - A Long Walk On A Short Pier 2x White LP £2:

The package itself is quite nice, the music is a not really to my tatse though

The Hurt Process - Drive By Monologue Pic Disc £1

Best fucking mistake ever, I thouht i'd taken it out of my cart before I ordered. Great record for a quid.

it all adds to my tiny record collection I suppose. I've been eyeing up some of those $1 7" in the bargain section too, always forget when I order though

So here are some of the records i bought recently just because they were either cheap, heard good things or i just wanted to check em out because i havent heard of em before:

Shorebirds Shorebirds 7"

XO Skeletons Asthmagasm 7" 1/2 Pink, 1/2 White Vinyl <- deathwish sale

Conelrad (Jeff Gretz from Zao/F.A.T.A) Bezoar 7" Black Vinyl {/300}

Conelrad (Jeff Gretz from Zao/F.A.T.A) Sluts & Slobs 7" Black Vinyl - got both at a FATA show

Crucible / Dragbody Split LP Blue Vinyl {/600}

Crucible / Dragbody Split LP Gold Vinyl {/200}

Crucible / Dragbody Split LP Root Beer Vinyl {/300} - during the xmas sale no idea had the 3 pack for 4.99

Dead Mens' Theory (ex-As Friends Rust) To Never Love Again… 7" Black Vinyl

Dry County Dry County 7" Black Vinyl {/300}

Egg Hunt Egg Hunt 7" Black Vinyl <- gots iam mckay so i had to

Evil Robot Us' In Song And Dance 7" Black Vinyl, Silk screened cloth cover - male/female front folk punk band... not bad stuff

Gang Green Back & Gacked LP Black Vinyl <- got this for a 1.50 and never listened to them before and was rather surprised... pretty good

Grey Goose (Ex-As Friends Rust) Til The Medicine Takes LP Black Vinyl

JonBenet, The Ugly/Heartless LP Black Vinyl <- drunk kid talked me into this at the fest and he even paid a couple bucks because i didnt have enough for the record.

Milemarker Anaesthetic LP White Vinyl {/1000} <- used pick up over xmas break at a record store in tampa... figured since it was on jade tree it could be good, but i Dont like this

Moneychangers (with Glen Porter on drums) Making Friends With The Moneychangers 7"

Supersleuth Mr. Beans World 7" Black Vinyl <- came in a large lot i bought of ebay but i dig their style.

The Revisions - Revised Observations - I knew they were an acoustic punk act with member of Red Dons and Clorox Girls, both which I love, but I had never heard Revisions. I bought it, and it's one of my favourite albums now.

That's actually the only one.

I like that album, but the slowed down version of "no wars" makes me want to drill into my skull when I hear it. The rest is really cool.

I bought "Anthem for a New Tomorrow" because I had seen the Methadones live and heard Dan Schafer was in SW before. I'm so glad I did.

The Revisions - Revised Observations - I knew they were an acoustic punk act with member of Red Dons and Clorox Girls, both which I love, but I had never heard Revisions. I bought it, and it's one of my favourite albums now.

That's actually the only one.

I like that album, but the slowed down version of "no wars" makes me want to drill into my skull when I hear it. The rest is really cool.

I bought "Anthem for a New Tomorrow" because I had seen the Methadones live and heard Dan Schafer was in SW before. I'm so glad I did.

Is that a Speds or Observers song? I've only heard one Observers album and it wasn't on that one. I didn't mind The Revisions version of No Wars, so I'm wondering how much I'd like the original.

Is that a Speds or Observers song? I've only heard one Observers album and it wasn't on that one. I didn't mind The Revisions version of No Wars, so I'm wondering how much I'd like the original.

I don't know any Sped or Observers songs. The quicker version I was referring to is on the "on the lam" 7". You can hear it on their myspace.

I don't know any Sped or Observers songs. The quicker version I was referring to is on the "on the lam" 7". You can hear it on their myspace.

Oh true, I'll have to pick up that 7". The only reason I brought up The Speds/Observers is because Red Dons were members of those two bands, so a lot of Red Dons songs were just new versions of those ones, and Revisions do a couple Red Dons songs, which started off as those. So a lot of the songs from their records were written quite a while ago.

I do the most with iTunes since they introduced that "Just For You" thing. I got into Gaslight Anthem that way. I also picked up D4 - This Shit is Genius because I heard a decent amount about them and figured why the hell not.

I also do this a lot with eMusic, found a shit ton that way including Ghost Buffalo who I now adore.

Belle and Sebastian - Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like A Peasant

Lucero - Nobody's Darlings

Crime In Stereo - Is Dead

Fake Problems - Spurs and Spokes

if cds are included, as well...

NOFX - Pump Up The Valuum

Ben Folds Five - Whatever and Ever Amen

i'm so glad that i decided to pick up all of them.

many, many moons(more years than I care to mention) ago I went into a record store and asked the clerk to pick something out for me that I NEEDED to own. I told him I wanted a record that would change my life.

he gave me 24 Hour Revenge Therapy.

need I say more?

Go bake that guy a cake or something!