Get Up Kids in Indiana, PA 2-11-09

Should I feel like a dick for being less than an hour away from Indiana and not wanting nor caring about going to this?

Of course not! Now, if you don't understand why some people are so excited that is a different story. I'm mad I don't live close to this.

i have no desire either and it's like 45 min drive. and my house to any town over 1000 people is at least 30 mins, so 45 is nothing.

Of course not! Now, if you don't understand why some people are so excited that is a different story. I'm mad I don't live close to this.

i have no desire either and it's like 45 min drive. and my house to any town over 1000 people is at least 30 mins, so 45 is nothing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I grew up in the middle of nowhere too. 20 minutes to get to any sort of shopping place/grocery store/etc. Even my high school was 20-some minutes away. I think I can drive to my house that I rent for school in less time that it ever took me to get from my mom and dad's to Kiski.

yeah, i used to be on 'concert committee' at my school and i think we had a $25k budget and could get whatever bands we wanted with it.

the year i was doing it we got dashboard / hot rod circuit / john ralston.

i think the second choice was b2k.

my roommate was horrified when i told her they were in the running, but i assured her that i'd sooner gouge out my eyeballs and swallow them then allow them to be the concert the year i was helping to choose.

I know when EUP brought in NFG and Punchline last year they spent close to 90% of your budget, haha

IUP has some cash, my friend helps book shows for bands like TGUK at Universities, so he made a call to IUP with the bands, they were super interested, had the money, and it got booked. Its pretty rad, I am really hoping I can make it, but I can't leave work early, most likely... and its an hour drive for me.