Ticketmaster

My wife's mom works for a ticketing solution site and they charge so little it's amazing...and yet they aren't in debt like Ticketmaster...Crazy!

Also, I can't believe they'd consider this since live Nation had to break off as part of Clear Channel's monopoly.

To me, there's nothing more clearly monopolistic as their charge for printing your own tickets and never interacting with anyone. How does that cost more than Ticketmaster printing them for you and mailing them to you?

It's already practically a monopoly, there weren't many concerts that you could only get off of LiveNation, they just had different presales - it will be interesting to see if how quickly it passes, especially after how long it took Sirius XM to be approved to merge.

There's alot going on here in Canada in regards to the sketchy TicketsNow branch of Ticketmaster - there was a lawsuit out in Saskatchewan about some Elton John tickets. More recently - yesterday - the Leonard Cohen concert in Hamilton, which was scheduled to go on sale next week, already had tickets available on TicketsNow for 50% more.

just because ticketmaster/live nation would be the largest ticket option, they are far from the only option, which makes them not a monopoly. If them being together would remove all competition, which it wont, but if it did, then they would be a monopoly. Its like Microsoft Office Suite. There was no viable option besides Microsoft, which is why they're basically a monopoly. Ticketmaster is not the only way to buy tickets, just most used way.

just because ticketmaster/live nation would be the largest ticket option, they are far from the only option, which makes them not a monopoly. If them being together would remove all competition, which it wont, but if it did, then they would be a monopoly. Its like Microsoft Office Suite. There was no viable option besides Microsoft, which is why they're basically a monopoly. Ticketmaster is not the only way to buy tickets, just most used way.

I don't think they have to be the only option to exhibit anti-trust/monopolistic behavior.

I remember a while ago, ticketmaster was all worried because LiveNations contract with them was running out. (why you can now get livenation tickets from livenation.com, before you couldn't). The ball was in livenation's court to totally fuck them over by not letting them sell any tickets anymore. But livenation sucks anyway, i just bought LAWN coldplay tickets to bring my little sister this summer it was $35/ticket, i bought two, and the total was $130! that's almost double the ticket price in fees!

FUCK TICKETMASTER. FUCK LIVENATION.

Your example contradicts itself. Ticketmaster=Microsoft according to your example. Microsoft was broken up. It'll be the same thing.

I remember a while ago, ticketmaster was all worried because LiveNations contract with them was running out. (why you can now get livenation tickets from livenation.com, before you couldn't). The ball was in livenation's court to totally fuck them over by not letting them sell any tickets anymore. But livenation sucks anyway, i just bought LAWN coldplay tickets to bring my little sister this summer it was $35/ticket, i bought two, and the total was $130! that's almost double the ticket price in fees!

FUCK TICKETMASTER. FUCK LIVENATION.

damn thats insane

Living in LA, there are VERY few options besides Ticketmaster. Driving to the venues is out of the question. And I'm pretty sure only the Troubadour lets you fax orders in (just another of the many reasons why the Troub is the best venue in LA).

Even then, aren't the tickets printed out still Ticketmaster? That's the shit I hate the most: you walk up to the venue, and you are still charged fees because its on their ticket.

Ducat King is the only time I've seen Ticketmaster "events" offered through another service, and very few times. AND, if I remember correctly there were still Ticketmaster fees, just less because it was a "fan" pre-sale or something.