Favorite Quotes?

casey

Does you guys have any quotes that are particularly meaningful to you? Mine are:

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. --John F. Kennedy

The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware. --Henry Miller

I think it's probably a good thing to be considered stable, but with a capacity for madness. -Wayne Coyne

Men are defined by three things. Their heads- how they think. Their hearts- what they feel. Their dicks- who they fuck. At the end of the day, each of us has to answer one question. One, not so simple question. Who am I? - Augustus Hill

Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live. - Charles Bukowski

It is ridiculous to expect social responsibility from a goddamn punk rocker - Steve Albini

winston churchill has a number of quotes i love. he was my favorite person.

a story goes that he was once at a dinner party and had to sit next to the hostess, they weren't great friends and hated each other. as the dinner went on, they got more and more hostile until the hostess said "winston, if i was your wife i would poison your tea." churchill replied "and miss, if i was your husband, i would drink it."

dude was a badass

I have a book of Lincoln quotes that I live by. I also have a couple out of "Turning Failure into an Ideology" or whatever that title is that I enjoy a bit, but I can't think of many off the top of my head.

The Lincoln ones I like go something like..

"I am rather inclined to silence, and whether that be wise or not, it is at least more unusual nowadays to find a man who can hold his tongue than to find one who cannot."

There's another about possibly losing friends, but always having one in yourself. I forget how that one goes, but it's good.

I have a word doc w/ a bunch of quotes saved:

“…base not your joy upon the deeds of others, for what is given can be taken away.”---Peter Steele

“Oh sure, everybody loves you. Everyone loves the stupid one, nobody ever loves the jerk.”---Ren Hoek

“Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it.”---Jules Renard

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege." - Unknown

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

“You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics" - charles bukowski

“Artists to my mind are the real architects of change, and not the political legislators who implement change after the fact.” - wiliam s. burroughs