WTF Tim Barry

once drove from River Falls, WI to Milwaukee, WI (4+ hours) to see the Melvins. got a hotel room and drank/smoked myself 100% retarded, only to walk into an empty venue, apparently the venue was a dick to the bands so they walked out. only plus was i nailed the chick i was with. she was married, akward ride home.

I once drove with some friends from NC to philly to see Avail, Dillinger four, leatherface, and hot water music and the club was shut down. Eric from D4 said we should just ride on over to chicago and he'd get us in the next show but the guy who drove had to work the next day and we had to turn around and drive 8 hours back home.

Guest Admin

hey guys, I left austin a mesage last night after a friend texted me saying the show was canceled. I know it has nothing to to with tim, austin, or josh. the text I got said a local band that was also booked on the show canceled last minute which caused the show to be canceled, but honestly that doesn't make any sense. I will find out and try to post on here. This sucks so bad. A Saturday night in gainesville would have been such a great show. Sorry for any of you who tried to see this show.

Once drove 3 1/2 hours to see Propagandhi. That date: 9/11/01. Needless to say, that was a less than fruitful excursion.

i know exactly where that show was supposed to be... i was supposed to work at the bar that night. got out to lawrence and found out it was cancelled... the next day i worked at another club doing a rollins band show... it was an awkward day to say the least.

I got to The Atlantic to find the place closed with a note on the door, too. I was not too happy - I'd been soooo looking forward to this show.

Whiskey & Co. were the opening band. I don't see how them cancelling would have cancelled the show.

Maybe they figured that everyone was at Harvest Of Hope.

Regardless, I was majorly bummed.

Morrissey cancelled on me last week, now this! :P

Once drove 3 1/2 hours to see Propagandhi. That date: 9/11/01. Needless to say, that was a less than fruitful excursion.

i know exactly where that show was supposed to be... i was supposed to work at the bar that night. got out to lawrence and found out it was cancelled... the next day i worked at another club doing a rollins band show... it was an awkward day to say the least.

oh man i read this as talking about the tim barry show and i said to myself 'holy shit rollins band is touring right now!' haha d'oh!

i once drove 5 hours home from school to my parents then 3 hours down to LA to take a girl to a lagwagon/dance hall crashers show, where i was supposed to be on the List (back when i was music director at the college radio station). waited in line for a long time only to get up to the box office and find i was not on the list (after i had to go back to the car to put away my 3" pen knife on my keychain). girl was not impressed obviously. dropped her at home in manhattan beach and drove 3 hours back to my parents. good times.

a couple weeks later i barely made it into the sold out descendents show in santa barbara b/c they had my station but not my name on the list. i would've been way more bummed to miss that show if i hadn't of got in.

Whiskey and Co cancelled last minute. The show was already going to be tough since it was HOH weekend and spring break here in Gainesville. The Atlantic closed early the night before because only 4 people came in all night long. So, when the only local and typically strong draw cancelled the promoter talked to the bands to see if they wanted try and do the show anyway knowing that attendance might be low and money might be tight. Everyone decided it was for the best to not have the show. It was a bummer.