Your white whale

I don't have a white whale, at least not anymore. In the last three months I was able to acquire both of mine... Discount- Half Fiction and Radon- 28.

There are a few LPs I'd really love to own, but none of them are particularly difficult to find, just gotta pluck down a couple bucks on ebay.

Tom Waits- Rain Dogs

The Replacements- Tim

Citizen Fish- Thirst

I'd also like to have the Weakerthans- Left and Leaving on maroon vinyl but I don't care that much so I guess it's not really a white whale.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the left, braid "frankie welfare boy age 5" 2xLP test press. that beauty on the right is the jawbox / leatherface split LP.

and on the bottom right are your toes!

nope, my girlfriends toes. she said she wasnt going to move her foot cuz she was comfortable where she was, aaaaand i'm too lazy to crop it out.

Citizen Fish- Thirst

thats a money maker? serious?!

EDIT: sorry not money maker in the "i flip records on ebay" way, im just surprised its rare

It's not really rare or much of a money maker. I just hate dealing with eBay unless I really have to so I haven't bought one on there. They pop up a few times a month and sell for $10-15.

Same with those Tom Waits and Replacements records. I think Rain Dogs sells for $30-ish and the Tim maxes out at $20, I just haven't bought them yet.

I'd rather just trade for any of these or hope to stumble across one in a store.

thats a money maker? serious?!

EDIT: sorry not money maker in the "i flip records on ebay" way, im just surprised its rare

It's not really rare or much of a money maker. I just hate dealing with eBay unless I really have to so I haven't bought one on there. They pop up a few times a month and sell for $10-15.

Same with those Tom Waits and Replacements records. I think Rain Dogs sells for $30-ish and the Tim maxes out at $20, I just haven't bought them yet.

I'd rather just trade for any of these or hope to stumble across one in a store.

ahh, well hit me up cuz i got it and dont really have much attachments to it, so it needs a loving home.

Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros - Streetcore

Never seen one in person. Not on ebay often. I lost out on an auction where I bid $135. Some day though... some day...

holy shit, people actually pay $100+ for this? i though i paid a lot when i got it for $35 at a record store (new) a few years back. its a great record though.

also, first post...i'm new here.

chad, welcome

no worries, i'm not as mean as people make me out to be.

thanks, nice to meet you. i take everything on message boards with a grain of salt, so no worries.

do you ever dig at pop's resale in lexington? i was in winchester for work a year back and went there to dig, but was overwhelmed! i only had an hour to go through stuff, so to say the least i didn't find anything. but i have heard of soul/garage/psych collectors coming away with crazy rare private press stuff from there.

Suicide Machines - Battly Hymns test press

I don't even know if these exist. It was hard enough for me to get the regular vinyl version of this album as it is.

Less Than Jake/Kemuri

3rd Pressing Clear yellow with a black streak (pressing accident). Supposedly there are 30-40 of these but i've never seen one.

so awesome !

can you post a pic.

i'm a fan of suicide machines and my first band tee shirt is suicide machines starbucks rip off.

i really wanna see their lp.

pic,please....

:)

• 3 weeks later...
chad, welcome

no worries, i'm not as mean as people make me out to be.

thanks, nice to meet you. i take everything on message boards with a grain of salt, so no worries.

do you ever dig at pop's resale in lexington? i was in winchester for work a year back and went there to dig, but was overwhelmed! i only had an hour to go through stuff, so to say the least i didn't find anything. but i have heard of soul/garage/psych collectors coming away with crazy rare private press stuff from there.

i dug there for about the first two months i lived here and then gave up. they never seem to have anything that i want other than 10" polyvinyl bags.

Mine is Jawbreaker's UNFUN on Clear or Blue Wax. While i can't normally afford it. Fucking sux. Jawbreaker has to be one of my all-time favorite bands next to BOSTON. I grew up listening to them, and use to own every piece of vinyl they were ever on. But had to sell them all to pay for my college debt. Slowly i've been obtaining the releases over the course of time. Hopefully by the end of year i can own everything again.

I got my White Whale in the mail Yesterday:

[image]

Bum - A Promise Is A Promise 7" - Lance Rock.

Can't imagine anyone else on earth caring about this, but I've been looking for this 7" for 13 god damn years. Paid $65 for it, but honestly, at this point, I would have paid $365 for it if I had to...