What labels dominate your record collection?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did a top 10 just because i was curious. i was surprised at some of these:

lookout! (84)

fat (54)

dr. strange (41)

mutant pop (around 40)

no idea (33)

snuffy smile (32)

harmless (31)

hopeless (31)

johann's face (29)

recess (27)

runners up were crackle (26), SFTRI (25), asian man (24) and beer city (22)

I don't know the exact numbers but ones that stand out in my mind:

Dischord - I have the first 100 something vinyl releases including nearly every pressing of the original six 7"s (only one i'm missing is the "cousins" sleeve for MT - In My Eyes

Mystic - I think I finally have every punk record the label released in many variations(though I'm missing a couple NOFX colors of "so what if we're on mystic") plus I have a bunch of the older non-punk stuff the old man gave me.

Frontier - Lisa sends me one of every color vinyl she presses and some things like suicidal and circle jerks have around 10 colors at this point so the amount of frontier records in my collection has grown immensely the past few years.

Sub Pop - I don't really follow the label these days, but I have most of the early stuff. There's a few I sold years ago that I wish I hadn't (dwarves LP on red vinyl, nirvana/fluid split 7" on green vinyl).

Amphetamine Reptile - All the early 7"s and some of the LPs and I've been buying the newest 7"s they've been doing the past year or so.

SST - all the old stuff and almost all the colors too

Relapse (a guess would be 150-200 items since the last count), Epitaph, Victory, Earache, Fat Wreck, Equal Vision, Goodlife, Southern Lord, Hydra Head, SST, Burning Heart, Doctor Strange, Hopeless.

The strange thing is that I don't find the general output of most of the above mentioned labels very interesting nowadays. I have almost 70 releases from both Epitaph and Victory, but haven't really picked anything up from them in years.