The Offspring summer tour w/Alkaline Trio, Sum 41

Alkaline Trio, Shiny Toy Guns, Dropkick Murphys, Pennywise, Sum 41 and Street Dogs all support on different legs:

http://www.altpress.com/news/6336.htm

It's about fucking time these dudes toured America, that (shitty) new album came out like 10 months ago. I've still never seen them live, either, so hopefully I can make the Cleveland show.

I've always enjoyed the Offspring live.

When Conspiracy of One came out I found a promo at a record store a few weeks before it came out. Inside was a card to register for a contest to win free tickets and to meet the band. I guess I was the first one to submit it because I won. The Offspring were my favorite band in high school so that was a BIG deal. Noodles made fun of my friend for wearing a Snapcase hoodie, we thought that was hilarious.

I also met MxPx back stage and Cypress Hill creeped me out.

I've only seen Alkaline Trio twice. Once on Warped Tour 2002 and on their first tour for Good Mourning. I haven't made the effort to see them since. I worshiped everything up to Good Mourning, and they just lost me after that. I'm seeing them twice in May and only because of Saves The Day. I hope they are true to their back catalog.

I've seen Offspring live twice when they were touring for Smash and Americana. I liked the music but both times the shows were very boring. The guys showed no enthusiasm and seemed bored.

On the other hand the Alkaline Trio show I once saw when they were opening for Me First And The Gimme Gimmes was great. I had never heard of them before, so at first I couldn't make sense of all the 16 year olds with eyeliners, dark shirts and ties at the venue.

I've only seen Alkaline Trio twice. Once on Warped Tour 2002 and on their first tour for Good Mourning. I haven't made the effort to see them since. I worshiped everything up to Good Mourning, and they just lost me after that. I'm seeing them twice in May and only because of Saves The Day. I hope they are true to their back catalog.

You shouldn't be too disappointed, they've mixed it up nicely on their recent tours.

You shouldn't be too disappointed, they've mixed it up nicely on their recent tours.

I hope so. I remember when The Occult Roots tour came to Orlando a couple years back. I couldn't get off work for that. I would have loved to see Goddamnit performed live in its entirety.

I hope so. I remember when The Occult Roots tour came to Orlando a couple years back. I couldn't get off work for that. I would have loved to see Goddamnit performed live in its entirety.

That was a great show, but wouldn't it have been much cooler to see them play it live in 1998? They played with Against Me! at my stop. It was a kick ass show.

That was a great show, but wouldn't it have been much cooler to see them play it live in 1998? They played with Against Me! at my stop. It was a kick ass show.

Of course it would have! Against Me! opened our date as well, they only had one bad album under their belt at the time, too. Haha. I guess my Alkaline Trio highlight will always be them playing right after Hot Water Music on Warped 2002 and then HWM coming out and playing songs with them. Classic.

wow...having the Sum 41 support your boston show over DKM or Street Dogs....not the smartest of ideas

plus tsongas arena...GROSS!

they probably couldn't get either of those bands to open for them in boston... DKM wouldnt get paid nearly what they get paid for boston gigs... so why would they do it? i mean they can probably pull $50K a night in boston... or take $5k to open for the offspring.. you do the math

wow...having the Sum 41 support your boston show over DKM or Street Dogs....not the smartest of ideas

plus tsongas arena...GROSS!

they probably couldn't get either of those bands to open for them in boston... DKM wouldnt get paid nearly what they get paid for boston gigs... so why would they do it? i mean they can probably pull $50K a night in boston... or take $5k to open for the offspring.. you do the math

ahh your right...they are probably playing fenway that date anyways